Autumn Brew Review in Minneapolis

Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Fierce Beard brought this one to my attention today by inviting me to help out.
Looks like we will be helping McCann's Food and Brew pour beers. Yippee!
Thanks Beardie!
Anyone planning on going? :jnj
snowcapt

Re: Autumn Brew Review in Minneapolis

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:05 pm

saw one hop grenade,and it was on a northern brewer worker. those dudes are super nice!
The event was awesome and yes, Surly5 is fucking outstanding and omar really IS a jerk!
We had a hoprocket. Holy crap, people like the hoprocket! :jnj
snowcapt

Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:01 pm

snowcapt

Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Damn. I fucking hate Georgia.
keelanfish

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:46 pm

I made it to the second session. It was a great event and I'll go back next year. Looking forward to Winterfest!
MNHazmat

Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:41 am

I was there super early helping out a MN brewery, hit a wall about 5pm where all I could do is sit behind the booth and drink water. I did, however, make it to the Brewer's Party at Grumpy's NE where the Bender and Furious flowed like wine. I still hurt today, but it was allllllll worth it.
elsinore

Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 am

I hear ya. I was up at 5am and out the door shortly after. Had to drive 1 1/2 hours to meet up and then rode another hour + to get to Minneapolis. We got there a bit before 9. We left about 3 oclock, I wish I could have stayed, but kids, wife, and homework do not allow for such frivalties.
Was a gret time, though. Met lots of great people and sampled some great beers. I got turned on to sours! YUM!
Talked with Jake Keeler quite a bit. Super nice guy. He was brewing there, so we shot the shit and talked about Justin brewing the Meantime IPA that was featured on brewingtv, as well. Funny dude! He mentioned J and the controls not getting along. Imagine that! :shock:
snowcapt

Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:17 am

That was a good time! Wish we could've stayed longer, but I had obligations to meet...

Chris Laumb from McCann's is an awesome guy, though! Following BN advice by ingratiating myself to a local brewer is (and will continue to be) one of the best things I've ever done.

Glad you had fun, Snocapt!
Be Excellent To Each Other...
Fierce Beard

Next

Return to Beer Events