Re: Time to Grow Some hops ...

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Mine are still underground. It'll be 2 weeks on Sunday. No signs of life yet. The envelope that I got was mangled and all taped up, with a note from USPS,"We value you as a customer, blahblahblah, sometimes things get damaged, blahblahblah. Everything was intact, though. Only because of Niko's super high-tech packaging, did it make it here safely! :shock:
I should see some sprout this week, I am guessing.
How are yours, Eagledude?
Thanks and your welcome, Niko! :jnj
snowcapt

Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:50 am

snowcapt wrote:Mine are still underground. It'll be 2 weeks on Sunday. No signs of life yet. The envelope that I got was mangled and all taped up, with a note from USPS,"We value you as a customer, blahblahblah, sometimes things get damaged, blahblahblah. Everything was intact, though. Only because of Niko's super high-tech packaging, did it make it here safely! :shock:

Thank YOU sir! As for the postal service wtf, lol. I cram a tooon of hops in those "flat rate envelopes" to where they're bursting at the seams at times and I reinforce with tape and in those cases I never get feedback that they were "damaged" and your's wasn't near full. Oh well glad it made it there! Lol yes my high-tech packaging :)
-Niko-

BN Army Sergeant

"Samsonite?!?.. I was WAY off!" - Lloyd Christmas

Come get your hops and more! Low prices and $5 flat rate shipping on hops-only orders http://www.NikoBrew.com
NikoBrew

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:21 am

Three out of four of my rhizomes sprouted within a week of planting. The final one (the only one I didn't put in a planter) got dug up by something. Cascades are doing great, Willamette a little slower. Going to string them up tonight or tomorrow morning.

By the way, special instructions rock - well played, Niko! ("Please draw a unicorn threatening JP on the shipping box.")

CreepyKoelsch

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:03 am

[quote="CreepyKoelsch"]
By the way, special instructions rock - well played, Niko! ("Please draw a unicorn threatening JP on the shipping box.")

:)
-Niko-

BN Army Sergeant

"Samsonite?!?.. I was WAY off!" - Lloyd Christmas

Come get your hops and more! Low prices and $5 flat rate shipping on hops-only orders http://www.NikoBrew.com
NikoBrew

Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:08 pm

snowcapt wrote:Mine are still underground. It'll be 2 weeks on Sunday. No signs of life yet. The envelope that I got was mangled and all taped up, with a note from USPS,"We value you as a customer, blahblahblah, sometimes things get damaged, blahblahblah. Everything was intact, though. Only because of Niko's super high-tech packaging, did it make it here safely! :shock:

I finally got all eight holes dug, soil amended, holes refilled, automatic watering lines ran, and rhizomes planted June 10. By the time I got back from NHC (which was a blast! BTW) June 19, all eight had sprouted with the tallest ~3 inches high. In the 4 days since, there hasn't been much more progress in height, but they are spending their energy leafing out. I will be setting the trellis in the ground this weekend. I would guess that yours are or will be poking out soon.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Here are a couple of pics with the trellis and the first growth of the rhizomes ...

Hope your's finally sprouted Snowcapt!
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:49 am

Ive got cascade( 18ft), mt hood( 12 ft), chinook( 8 ft), golding(2 ft) and centennial(10ft). All mine are first year. My centennial has started putting out cones. My hood, cascade and the chinook have put out laterals and appear to be starting to put out burrs. Ive been pretty anal about maintainence and im siked to see some cones first year.
On Deck: Bier de Garde, Northern German Pils
In Fermenters: Homegrown Pale Ale
in keg: Octoberweizen, Dusseldorf Alt
edisonst

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:12 pm

I have 1 chinook about 2" tall. :jnj
snowcapt

PreviousNext

Return to Homegrown