Re: PEEVES

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:03 pm

CRBrewHound wrote:
dontblake wrote:....
Vise vs vice

Thats easy, vice is what busted me last night, and vise is what I am going to squeeze your head in!

Always ask a hooker if you can take a nude photo of her. Real hookers will say yes. No joke, my dad taught me that.
JakeAndBake

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 pm

JakeAndBake wrote:
CRBrewHound wrote:
dontblake wrote:....
Vise vs vice

Thats easy, vice is what busted me last night, and vise is what I am going to squeeze your head in!

Always ask a hooker if you can take a nude photo of her. Real hookers will say yes. No joke, my dad taught me that.

Real or no, the point is mute :wink: . You either get busted or get herpes.

Don't any of you listen to Paxton if you take part in this thread. He regularly butchers (pun intended) the English language. And sometimes French (it's "fwah grah" not "fraw gwah") and even whatever they speak in Cuba (it's "la caha cheena" not "la cacheena")
-- Scott

On Tap - Janet's Brown, Easy-Jack/SNPA mash-up
Primary - BCS Saison with rye
Secondary - Cabernet Sauvingon
animaldoc

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:51 pm

YOU MEAN THE POINT IS MOOT? LOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry, I don't know what came over me.

And not all hookers have herpes. Some of them have AIDS.
JakeAndBake

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:22 am

codewritinfool wrote:
Blowmax10 wrote:No imbedded videos on the BN forum except for the moderators

That has to be my biggest BN pet peeve

After someone complained about it, I removed the embedded videos I had posted, so tell me where there are any and I'll yank them.

well I guess it is an out of date pet peeve

Still, why no imbedded vid?
Blowmax10

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:50 am

Blowmax10 wrote:
codewritinfool wrote:
Blowmax10 wrote:No imbedded videos on the BN forum except for the moderators

That has to be my biggest BN pet peeve

After someone complained about it, I removed the embedded videos I had posted, so tell me where there are any and I'll yank them.

well I guess it is an out of date pet peeve

Still, why no imbedded vid?

I imagine because of bandwidth issues. This is a busy site, and sometimes the forum is a little slow. And not in a short bus way.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:03 am

spiderwrangler wrote:HA! By definition it isn't observable at a single instant in time!

OOOPS a redundancy.
Welcome to the department of redundancy department
Redundancies get my goat too.

Anyway, by observed, I didn't mean one that takes place in an instant but rather over time. I'd be interested to learn about an observed evolution of any species. Humans have been recording their observations for a goodly period so it stands to reason that there might have been some incremental change observed.
You know like Elephants growing wings or some such. :-p
HEY~!! It's a hobby~!! It's NOT supposed to make sense~!!
Cliff

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:21 am

Yah language evolves at lease American English does.
Other languages are official in that the governments have established boards whose function is to oversee their national language's word use, spelling, definition enunciation pronunciation, and even to oversee the grammar.

But even with a colloquially driven language like American English it is really friggin god dammed sad that the lowest common denominator the, detritus of humanity, the friggin goddam Gutter Hoi Polloi, is doing all the driving.

It's a sad but true thing that of all the people in the world the stupid people are the majority
But it explains so very many things yes? For instance: pointless wars, famine, Megalopolis cities built in deserts, communism, the French revolution, Obama. The list of horrors that arose directly from or came riding on the backs of stupid people is astonishing.

So IMO our language ought not to be bastardized by the stupid people and then memorialized in our texts, dictionaries, even our courts. That's not an evolving language that's a dying language. It is a headlong rush to the bottom of the cesspool.

Maybe, in this, we should be like the friggin French?
Maybe do Nukes like them too?
I do like a good seafood bouillabaisse with a sourdough bagette.
HEY~!! It's a hobby~!! It's NOT supposed to make sense~!!
Cliff

Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:35 am

Cliff wrote:Yah language evolves at lease American English does.
Other languages are official in that the governments have established boards whose function is to oversee their national language's word use, spelling, definition enunciation pronunciation, and even to oversee the grammar.

But even with a colloquially driven language like American English it is really friggin god dammed sad that the lowest common denominator the, detritus of humanity, the friggin goddam Gutter Hoi Polloi, is doing all the driving.

It's a sad but true thing that of all the people in the world the stupid people are the majority
But it explains so very many things yes? For instance: pointless wars, famine, Megalopolis cities built in deserts, communism, the French revolution, Obama. The list of horrors that arose directly from or came riding on the backs of stupid people is astonishing.

So IMO our language ought not to be bastardized by the stupid people and then memorialized in our texts, dictionaries, even our courts. That's not an evolving language that's a dying language. It is a headlong rush to the bottom of the cesspool.

Maybe, in this, we should be like the friggin French?
Maybe do Nukes like them too?
I do like a good seafood bouillabaisse with a sourdough bagette.

Dang Friggin Straight! Go America! And ain't is now a word, all you grade school teachers. Booya!
Rictanica

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Stuff