OT: Where can I find affordable beer glasses?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:21 pm

I didn't know where else to post this, but if this a bad place please move or lock it up.

All I have right now is Pint and Mug. For now, I want to get a Goblet,Pilsner and Weizen Glass.

Anybody know of good websites/stores I could find affordable beer glasses?

Also, I’m a beginner when it comes to beer tasting, so any other recommendations on what type of beer glasses a beginner should always have handy would be appreciated.

Thank you!
arsenal610

Re: OT: Where can I find affordable beer glasses?

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:31 pm

arsenal610 wrote:I didn't know where else to post this, but if this a bad place please move or lock it up.

All I have right now is Pint and Mug. For now, I want to get a Goblet,Pilsner and Weizen Glass.

Anybody know of good websites/stores I could find affordable beer glasses?

Also, I’m a beginner when it comes to beer tasting, so any other recommendations on what type of beer glasses a beginner should always have handy would be appreciated.

Thank you!

If you're a beginner, I'd focus more on the beer and less on the glassware. For serious tasting, I've always enjoyed wine glasses. If you don't want to be pretentious, stemless wine goblets offer the same benefits without all the pinky in the air pretension.

FWIW, for daily drinking, I pour higher gravity beers into goblet style glasses (ie wine glasses) and more sessionable beers into English pint glasses.

The beauty of beer is that there isn't glassware nazis like there is in the wine world. Mine are good suggestions, but the many that follow and are different will also be good suggestions.
:bnarmy:Corporal, BN Army Kettle Scrubbing Squad :bnarmy:
andy77

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:52 pm

the stone web shop has some good glasses at decent prices, also crate and barrel if you have one near you has some cool glasses called bruges beer glasses and they are always going on sale.
bpfishback

Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:46 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.
arsenal610

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:36 am

If you have a Target in your area they have some nice glassware
Back Nine Brew&Wine
What I am brewing is now a mystery
SofaKingWeTodDid
LanMan

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 am

andy77 wrote:For serious tasting, I've always enjoyed wine glasses. If you don't want to be pretentious, stemless wine goblets offer the same benefits without all the pinky in the air pretension.

Agreed. I use globe glasses as my daily drinkers. They naturally serve to give you a good dose of aroma as you lift the glass to take a drink. My personal favorite are from New Belgium Brewery:

Fermenting: English Mild
Conditioning: Wild Pumpkin
Drinking: Funky Saison
Cody

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:42 am

Cody wrote:
andy77 wrote:For serious tasting, I've always enjoyed wine glasses. If you don't want to be pretentious, stemless wine goblets offer the same benefits without all the pinky in the air pretension.

Agreed. I use globe glasses as my daily drinkers. They naturally serve to give you a good dose of aroma as you lift the glass to take a drink. My personal favorite are from New Belgium Brewery:

Emphatic +1 on the New Belgium Glasses ... they are by far my favorite beer glassware.
Eagle Dude

On Tap: Barrel Fermented Berlinerweisse 3.2%; American Pale Ale 6.3%, Amarillo Blond 5%
Aging: Flander's Red in a 60 gallon Merlot barrel
Fermenting: Robust Porter 6.5%
EagleDude

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:56 am

Find a restaurant supply store. They usually have a wide range of glass shapes and reasonable (cheap) prices. I picked up 36 8oz whiskey hi-ball glasses (have a slight bulb shape) for tasting and parties. They were less than a buck a piece. If they get broken, it's not a big deal.

here's an idea, but look local and you may get cheaper prices:
http://www.restaurantequipment.com/LIBINDEX.html

The store may also have catalogs of glassware to chose from as well.

The Fool.
Non-Motorized Mechanized Division, BN Army
bikefoolery

Next

Return to Beer Reviews