Emma's Ale from Northern Brewer

Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:48 pm

Forgive me if this has been brought up before. I just saw that NB has a kit called Emma's Ale. 100% of profits from this go to help fund pediatric cancer research. Wondering if the BN Army is interested in helping out. Everyone buy a $22.99 kit and help out some kids. Thought it might be a cool thing to support.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/e ... rains.html

...word.
Jan Wolfhouse: So yeah, I heard you got fired from the brewery?

Landfill: [Landfill gets mad, throws his trophy] God damn brewery! You know that brewery makes 10,000 bottles of beer a day. I drink 45 of them, and I'm the asshole!
JasonHorlacher

Re: Emma's Ale from Northern Brewer

Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:30 am

Yeah! good call man, I see it's 100% of profits so they are using some of the money to cover their costs but I would say if you aren't sure what your next brew will be this would be a no-brainer. They said they are over $2000 so far I'm sure the BN army could double that if this goes sticky
Drawdy

Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:34 pm

Everybody, lets make it a forum comp. Brew it how you like...(yeast, temp, add things) Just use the kit as the base.

What does everyone say?
Jan Wolfhouse: So yeah, I heard you got fired from the brewery?

Landfill: [Landfill gets mad, throws his trophy] God damn brewery! You know that brewery makes 10,000 bottles of beer a day. I drink 45 of them, and I'm the asshole!
JasonHorlacher

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:16 pm

A kid having a serious health problem sucks beyond words. Drinking beer is too awesome to describe, at least while sober. NB is smartly offering us the opportunity to experience the awesomeness in a way that may make some children's bad experiences suck less. This is a win-win. It's also pretty cool of NB to do.

This kit is on my list for early summer brews.

EDIT: NB has something for everyone. They also has an all-grain version of the kit /EDIT
I see drunk people . . . . . .
Fugglupagus

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:44 pm

I had seen this on their site, but had never looked at it before. I have been thinking about brewing a brown ale with some maple syrup and I think I will use this one as a base. If it needs a couple brews to perfect, then I can just brew it again and again without feeling guilty. Finally, a good cause to drink beer for.
In the fridge: Red IPA, Cider, Graff
In the Carboy: Tripel, Dunkelweizen
On deck: Hope and King Scotch Ale, Weizenbock
Blitzkolsch

Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:47 am

My club bought 12 kits a couple months ago. We picked several different yeasts and then had a tasting at one of the meetings. Great beer, great cause.
-------------
Blue Loon
Corporal BN Army, MN freeze your nuts off division
R.A.Z.E. homebrew club http://www.razebrewing.com
My recipes: http://hopville.com/brewer/recipes/ryantj
Blog http://brewcoder.blogspot.com/
BlueLoon

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Just ordered two of the all-grain kits.
jm

Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:35 am

Just unpacked one. I wasn't ready to buy it yet. I fell prey to flat rate shipping. Needed $7 worth of crap. Ended up with $7 worth of crap and ingredients for 3 batches of brew including Emma's kit.
I see drunk people . . . . . .
Fugglupagus

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing