Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:05 pm

Good Find! Now we all can learn something! Thanks for hunting around for the info. Glad to hear you'll get the right stuff.
Cheers!
Give a man a brew, he's drunk for a day. Teach a man how to brew, and he'll be drunk for life!
Corporal Seaman, Midwest Lake Support, BN Army
brewjester

Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:42 pm

mincksj wrote:Just to complete this subject.
Having search wide and far, there is no such thing as English pale ale liquid malt extract.
I just got an email back from Jamil. He thinks that the Maris Otter LME from John Bull would work well. Williamsbrewing.com has Maris Otter extract as well which he thinks would work as well. (and its a little cheaper).
Well thank God this quest is over. Now I can R. DW. and HAHB! Brewing this weekend. Yea!

It is wrong to say there is no such thing. English Pale Ale extract is the generic name. It maybe called Muntons or John Bull or Maris Otter extract, but they're all English Pale Ale extracts. It should be pretty easy to find.
I hope my post helped in some way. If not, please feel free to contact me.

Jamil Zainasheff
http://www.mrmalty.com

"The yeast is strong within you." K. Zainasheff
jamilz

Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:41 pm

I just tried to get some from More Beer and they told me that they are no longer going to carry it.
Private First Class
JR McKnight

Re: English pale ale LME

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:57 am

I don't mean to resurrect an old thread but I can't find any of the mentioned extracts...anywhere...Any advice?
rubius

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:24 am

Northern Brewer, Midwest supplies, and Annapolis Home brew all stock Munton's DME and LME.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:14 pm

It's worth noting for ANY brewer that if you are unsure of an ingredient in a recipe, you should ask your homebrew supplier. They want to answer your questions, or at least they should, because then you'll be better informed, enjoy the hobby more and buy more stuff.

It took me a while after I started brewing to stop looking specifically for Crystal malt. I wasted a lot of time checking various websites for info. If I had just picked up the phone, I would have found out that Crystal and Caramel are used interchangeably. The biggest determining factor is the maltster, not the product name.
Corporal, BN Army, Southeastern PA Division
Vice President--Stoney Creek Homebrewers
TheTodd

Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:09 am

Williams sells a European pale ale malt liquid extract. May not be Maris Otter but would be close.

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/PALE_ALE ... 488C99.cfm
Quin

Previous

Return to Extract & Partial Mash Brewing