Re: The Brewers Code

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Wouldn't this fall under the prime directive - "Don't Be A Dick" ?
alan_marks

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:42 pm

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:I had a bad time a Pro Night at NHC this year. The place was packed and every body either wanted a step by step description of the brewing process, or would, after getting their beer, simply turn around to chat with their friends. So I wrote this for my blog:
Allow me to propose a rule of ettiquette when you attend a beer festival: STEP AWAY FROM THE FUCKING BAR!!

Remember there are people behind you. After you get your beer, if you must ask questions, make them short and sweet. For example, “This is a nice beer. Would you consider helping brew something like it? May I email you?” Get the card then STEP AWAY FROM THE FUCKING BAR!

And don't simply turn around and talk to your friends, who have formed a large circle in front of the table. We're not attackers. You don't have to circle the wagons to defend the jockey box. Take ten steps from the bar so other people can have some beer. We will leave you some. Just STEP AWAY FROM THE FUCKING BAR!

Can we get an up or down vote on adding this?

If you're not invited to stand behind the bar and chat with the brewer...move along. It seems simple enough, but then again people can be complete douche bags. Take JP for example!
Enjoy Great Beer!

:bnarmy: San Diego Special OP's BN Army :bnarmy:
TapItGood

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:53 pm

As previously proposed in the sacred Rat Pad thread...

When posting in the Rat Pad thread, Thou Shalt Never Forget the RAT PAD!!!
Enjoy Great Beer!

:bnarmy: San Diego Special OP's BN Army :bnarmy:
TapItGood

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:25 am

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote: The place was packed and every body either wanted a step by step description of the brewing process, or would, after getting their beer, simply turn around to chat with their friends.

Fucking rookies.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:57 am

Dirk McLargeHuge wrote:I had a bad time a Pro Night at NHC this year. The place was packed and every body either wanted a step by step description of the brewing process, or would, after getting their beer, simply turn around to chat with their friends. So I wrote this for my blog:
Allow me to propose a rule of ettiquette when you attend a beer festival: STEP AWAY FROM THE FUCKING BAR!!

Remember there are people behind you. After you get your beer, if you must ask questions, make them short and sweet. For example, “This is a nice beer. Would you consider helping brew something like it? May I email you?” Get the card then STEP AWAY FROM THE FUCKING BAR!

And don't simply turn around and talk to your friends, who have formed a large circle in front of the table. We're not attackers. You don't have to circle the wagons to defend the jockey box. Take ten steps from the bar so other people can have some beer. We will leave you some. Just STEP AWAY FROM THE FUCKING BAR!

Never fails to find people in this world, drunk or sober, that truly do not understand how the world works. One must lead with action and a smile!

Can we get an up or down vote on adding this?
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:28 am

alan_marks wrote:Wouldn't this fall under the prime directive - "Don't Be A Dick" ?

This is probably the only time I intentionally act like a DICK! I reach my empty glass across their shoulder so they realize there is someone waiting behind them. People can be so oblivious!
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:43 am

captain carrot wrote:
alan_marks wrote:Wouldn't this fall under the prime directive - "Don't Be A Dick" ?

This is probably the only time I intentionally act like a DICK! I reach my empty glass across their shoulder so they realize there is someone waiting behind them. People can be so oblivious!

I shoulda hung out more with you.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:45 am

A sub heading, then.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Beer Related