First time at 2016 GABF

Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:52 pm

Hey guys! the I am super pumped. I was surprised by SWMBO with a trip to this years GABF. Me and my buddy have tickets for that Thursday. This is my first time to go to the GABF. So, I was wondering if any of you guys have any advice, tips, or pointers. I will be in Colorado until Sunday but only have tickets for Thursday. Any advice on when I am at GABF, and also if there is anything I should hit up that is not at the GABF?
humpadilo

Re: First time at 2016 GABF

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Picture Pro night in a room big enough to hold 3 aircraft carriers. That's GABF.

1) Get the list of breweries you want to hit.
2) Get the map of where they'll be.
3) Map your path and hit all of them.
4) Find the BN booth. :bnarmy:
Hang out :nutters: there and meet all the asshats. :asshat:

Drink a lot of water. Eat food.
Ask for short pours. You'll get beyond fucked up if you let them pour big. You can always ask for a refill. Take a sharpie and draw a line where you want them to fill to. Dump the bad ones. There are going to be so many beers that you should NEVER feel obliged to force down a bad one. Remember you will NEVER be able to drink them all.

In addition to the Convention center, you have the Falling Rock a few blocks away. That place rocks, though it will be pretty empty during GABF prime hours.

Most of all, have Fun!
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Return to Beer Events