BNA Breweries

Mon May 05, 2014 1:27 pm

What breweries can we expect to see at the BNA party this year? I'm assuming mostly stuff from Michigan and bordering states. There is certainly no shortage of great beer in that part of the country. Would love to see a keg of Pliny but doubt that will happen. Anybody got the inside scoop?
pdbutts

Re: BNA Breweries

Mon May 05, 2014 2:45 pm

pdbutts wrote:What breweries can we expect to see at the BNA party this year? I'm assuming mostly stuff from Michigan and bordering states. There is certainly no shortage of great beer in that part of the country. Would love to see a keg of Pliny but doubt that will happen. Anybody got the inside scoop?

Maybe they will announce them tonight on The Session.

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Tue May 06, 2014 12:53 am

A lot of out of state breweries have distributors in Michigan which is a legality they have to follow; there won't be a shortage of some great breweries, both from in state & out. Unfortunately Russian River doesn't distribute there so Pliny is very, very unlikely.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue May 06, 2014 2:36 am

I was hoping for New Glarus but I thought I heard they don't distribute outside of WI.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Tue May 06, 2014 2:27 pm

TheDarkSide wrote:I was hoping for New Glarus but I thought I heard they don't distribute outside of WI.

You are correct. And it's the better part of a day's drive from GR. I think I left GR mid morning & pulled into New Glarus in the late afternoon/early evening when I went. It's worth the detour though. There's some good camping almost across the street from the brewery.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed May 07, 2014 7:41 am

Well, we're driving from Minneapolis, and the town of New Glarus seemed like a reasonable halfway point to find a hotel.......
micsager

Thu May 08, 2014 1:26 am

micsager wrote:Well, we're driving from Minneapolis, and the town of New Glarus seemed like a reasonable halfway point to find a hotel.......

If memory serves, there's one motel in town. It's a tiny little town & there's not a whole lot there. There's a little pizza shop downtown that serves some of the New Glarus oddities (everywhere in WI seems to serve Fat Squirrel & Spotted Cow, but not much else) & they have some great food. Check it out if you do stop. The brewery is only open for a few hours every day, so you do have to time it just right. I planned it to spend 2 nights there at the campground - the night before just to make their hours & the night after so I didn't have to worry about limiting my selections at the brewery. If you can swing it, it's completely worth the side trip.
Lee

Ozwald
Global Moderator

Return to Beer Events