Seattle Region NHC 1st Round - Still need judges & Stewards

Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:22 am

Folks-
We still can use some more judges and stewards for the Seattle Region NHC 1st round comp, Friday - Sat April 4 & 5th 2014.

If you want to help but entered your beers into a different region and the SW won't let you sign up to judge here
send me a pm. Also, we can use more stewards, too.

Otherwise, please go to http://brewingcompetition.com/index.php?section=login

Thanks-
Steve Antoch "aka BDawg"
BJCP Grand Master 1 D0799
NHC 2014 Seattle Region Judge Director

(More info including accomodations for those who need to stay the night)

===========================================================================

It's NHC time once again. Seattle will be once again hosting the first round judging center for the National Homebrew Competition Northwest Region this year.

We will be judging the entries on Friday night, April 4th and all day Saturday April 5th at the Pyramid Alehouse across from Safeco Field. A continental style breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning along with lunch between provided between sessions.

In an effort to say “Thank you!" the AHA will be giving one lucky volunteer a complimentary pass to this year’s National Homebrewers’ Conference in Grand Rapids. The lucky volunteer will be randomly drawn by the AHA from the pool of competition staff, judges, and stewards for each Judge Center. In addition, we will also be handing out some cool swag throughout the sessions via a raffle.

Judge and steward registration will take place through the NHC Application Registration page http://brewingcompetition.com/index.php?section=login. Once you sign in, look for the "volunteer" link and sign up there. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT ALL JUDGES AND STEWARDS REGISTER AT THE SITE!

For those of you that are in need of accommodations the Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium is offering a discounted rate for those volunteering for the competition. Reservations can be made online at www.silvercloud.com/seattlestadium use the group code and password below or by calling (206)204-9800 and using the reference HOMEBREW.

Group code: HOMEBREW
Password: SEATTLE

Judging Location: (Right across the street from Safeco Field)
Pyramid Alehouse, Brewery & Restaurant
1201 First Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134

Judging Dates: Friday, April 4th 5:30pm (1 session)
Saturday, April 5th, 8:30am (2 sessions)

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you there!

Jeremy Allison – Competition Organizer
Steve Antoch – Judge Director
Mark Tanner – Head Steward/Cellarmaster
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Re: Seattle Region NHC 1st Round - Still need judges & Stewa

Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:21 am

I'll be there with two other locals, I'm pretty sure they also registered to judge. I sent my entries to Sacramento, maybe I can judge some of the categories I never get to judge because I enter them.
Bokonon

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:36 am

I wanted to head down and help out, but I've got family shit that weekend that I'm not allowed to miss, stupid familys and all that noise...
:jnj -SadPork
Bottled: fresh hop pale ale
On tap: Moose bile strong ale
In the cellar: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial Stout
Lagering:
In the fermenter: Moose drool clone
In the works: Taqu'il's Fat Black Imperial stout
PorkSlapper

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:45 pm

Bokonon wrote:I'll be there with two other locals, I'm pretty sure they also registered to judge. I sent my entries to Sacramento, maybe I can judge some of the categories I never get to judge because I enter them.

You'll have to ask that douchebag who sets up the assignments.....
I hear he takes bribes.....
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
BDawg

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:59 pm

BDawg wrote:You'll have to ask that douchebag who sets up the assignments.....
I hear he takes bribes.....

Only if they are of a sexual nature...
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:43 pm

I will see you there, my chin is soft and fuzzy so it won't harm your sack :nutters:
Fermenting: Chuckanut Pilsner, Irish Red Ale
Next Up: Cascadian Brown Ale
On Tap: Monoceros IPA
Bottled:

:bnarmy: Corporal BN Army :bnarmy:
TheeMattSmith

Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:38 pm

This is just a reminder that we need judges and stewards for all of the judging centers.   Also, don't forget that each center has a bottle sort event, usually one or two weeks before the actual judging.  PLEASE sign up to help with that, too.

http://brewingcompetition.com/

After you are signed up, you can go to the CONTACT page, which gives you the organizer, judge director, and head steward's contact info so you can find out about the bottle sort.

Thanks-
BD

===========================================

Hello!
The First Round NHC is coming soon!   The PNW region will be held Friday and Saturday, March 24-25.  This year we will be at Larry’s Brewing Supply in Tukwila.  You can find more information on the Entrant and Volunteer site. 
Running this competition requires a ton of help, and I hope you can participate.  Please:
Judge or Steward at the event.  We will need scores of people over the 2 days.  Please go to
http://brewingcompetition.com/ to register.  If you have registered to enter beer here, please use the same log-in, then edit your info to include your judge or steward availability and info.  If you have not registered, you can sign up at the site as a judge by clicking the ‘register here’ link on the right. 
Bottle Sort will be held 12 March at Larry’s (the new facility in Tukwila).  We could use a bunch of folks to help us unpack and process bottles.  This is a great group activity for your club! Please contact pbergler@hotmail.com if you can come!

Thanks, I look forward to seeing you at the NHC First Round for the PNW region!
Peter Bergler
Competition Organizer
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
BDawg

Return to Beer Events