Getting kegs to NHC 2013

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:08 am

Greetings, BNers!

As the competition coordinator for my club (Beer Ale Research Foundation--BARF--out of SE Virginia), I've volunteered to spearhead the effort to do Club Night for NHC in Philly. I did some searching but couldn't find much on transporting 15-30 kegs of beer from VA to Philly. I'll be driving the kegs. Here are some of my questions--I'd appreciate any insight you experienced NHC folks can provide, or even links to the info if it already exists elsewhere.

1. Do I need to keep the kegs cold & carbed en route?
2. Once I'm there, where do I deliver the kegs?
3. Can we provide beer for hospitality suites and/or BNA8?
4. I'll be driving our kegs. Is there any interest in combining transport/sharing expenses for clubs between Virginia Beach, VA and Philly? (I plan to go up 95 past DC and on to the NNE)

Cheers for any assistance! Can't wait for next June!! :jnj
pirat
Fermenting: Brett PA, Sour, Rosemary Singel, Lemongrass Singel
Kegged: Old Ale, Calypso Saison, Tart Cherry Farmhouse Braggot, 3711 Pale, Blonde, Imperial Porter
On deck: Session Pale, BN Porter, APA, Citrus Saison, Pale Mild, Blonde
piratwolf

Re: Getting kegs to NHC 2013

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:54 pm

piratwolf wrote:Greetings, BNers!

As the competition coordinator for my club (Beer Ale Research Foundation--BARF--out of SE Virginia), I've volunteered to spearhead the effort to do Club Night for NHC in Philly. I did some searching but couldn't find much on transporting 15-30 kegs of beer from VA to Philly. I'll be driving the kegs. Here are some of my questions--I'd appreciate any insight you experienced NHC folks can provide, or even links to the info if it already exists elsewhere.

1. Do I need to keep the kegs cold & carbed en route?
2. Once I'm there, where do I deliver the kegs?
3. Can we provide beer for hospitality suites and/or BNA8?
4. I'll be driving our kegs. Is there any interest in combining transport/sharing expenses for clubs between Virginia Beach, VA and Philly? (I plan to go up 95 past DC and on to the NNE)

Cheers for any assistance! Can't wait for next June!! :jnj
pirat

I'm not on the Philly committee but since I was on Seattle's committee, here's how we handled this:

1) VA Beach to Philly is only a few hours, so they won't even fully warm up by the time you are there.
2) There will be a huge 18-wheeler sized refrigerated trailer where you will bring your kegs. This will be at the hotel.
they will give you instructions ahead of time. On how to label your kegs and where and when to bring them.
3) Yes on both
4) Good idea. You guys need to have 1 BN point of contact who will coordinate such trips.

HTH-
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Re: Getting kegs to NHC 2013

Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:35 pm

BDawg--that's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you so much!!!
piratwolf

Return to Beer Events