Re: Minnesota / Northland BN

Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Meet at East Side Services, 1700 Northeast 2nd Street in Minneapolis at 2:30 pm on Friday Sept. 28, with judging starting at 3:00. Round two will be at 6:30. Also on Saturday meeting at 8:30 am with judging starting at 9:00 am going until 1:00ish so we can get to another event. All judges and stewards are welcome regardless of experience. We are now planning on having the BOS judging and awards announced at the brew fest, so come out and support if you can.
pepperford

Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Anyone planning to hit the Surly tap takeover at Muddy Waters on monday? Runs 2pm-close. I'll be going in the afternoon.

The Beer List:
Furious, Cynic, Bender, Coffee Bender, Five, SŸX, Hell, Fiery Hell, Bitter Brewer, Cacao Bender, Darkness, SurlyFest, Wet, Bandwagon, Schadenfreude, Smoke and Mild.
MNHazmat

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:21 pm

Did anyone medal at the Nordeast Big River Competition this past weekend? I know that there were a total of about 160 beers entered in the competition. My entry was awarded a gold medal in the pale ale category! Has anyone received their scoring sheets from the judges yet?

Has anyone bought the new BN IPA kit? Please review it if you have brewed it.
sofaking442

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 am

There is a BN IPA comp where people who have brewed it have been posting. Not sure if anyone has posted a review of their brew in there yet though...
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:53 am

Pretty sure mnhazmat got a gold for RIS
snowcapt

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:54 pm

I took a gold for RIS and a silver for smoked beer. Club names aren't listed, but the results can be found here - http://nordeastbrewersalliance.wordpres ... n-results/
MNHazmat

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Sofaking - If you're local you can stop by the Nordeast Brewer's Alliance meeting thursday night and get your scoresheets, etc. The address is in the link I posted earlier. I may just stop in myself and save them the postage.
MNHazmat

Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Stopped into NBA's meeting tonight to grab my sheets n' stuff. Seemed like a good group of people. Prizes were definitely above par and as FYI Nikobrew was a sponsor for the comp which is super cool!
MNHazmat

PreviousNext

Return to Beer Events