Beer is more democratic

Sun May 20, 2012 4:58 am

"Pliny the Younger is supposedly the best beer in the world. What does that even mean?"

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/drink/2012/05/pliny_the_younger_can_there_really_be_a_best_beer_.html
"When you said you mounted animals, I thought you were a taxidermist!" -- petting zoo, Oskosh WI
DBear

Re: Beer is more democratic

Sun May 20, 2012 5:09 am

I don't get the hype. It's just another 100+ IBU IPA. Big deal. I'll stick with my pussy beers that have balance and low alcohol.
twitter.com/GentleCuntPunch

If you take what I post here literally, you're retarded. I'm here to fuck around, have a good time, and learn about beer. You mean nothing to me and I mean nothing to you.
Adam

Sun May 20, 2012 6:40 am

i live in MD. My ability to aquire a Pliny is about same as aquiring a Westvleteren, very little chance. I like the perspective of beer making as democratic (macro sourceing brewing ingredents) vs wine making (terroir). Although the differences breaks down when you grape variety is located to "Napa Valley" - Pils - belgian, german, canadian, american
"When you said you mounted animals, I thought you were a taxidermist!" -- petting zoo, Oskosh WI
DBear

Sun May 20, 2012 7:19 am

Adam wrote:I don't get the hype. It's just another 100+ IBU IPA. Big deal. I'll stick with my pussy beers that have balance and low alcohol.

Pussy beer? Sounds delicious! :nutters:
snowcapt

Sun May 20, 2012 8:17 am

My issue with BA is that there is a certain level of escalating score inflation/deflation. Highly ranked beers are likely to be ranked highly even by people who may not have enjoyed it as much as their score would indicate, based on 'peer pressure'. Other people's perception of a beer will color your perception of it.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Return to Beer Reviews