21A Hop Crisis

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:13 am

21A is a relative newcomer to Georgia, but over the past six months or so I've picked up locally Back in Black, Brew Free or Die and Watermelon Wheat. This past weekend I found a 4-pack of Hop Crisis and thought I'd give it a go. While the other three have been good, Hop Crisis blew me away. It's huge, clean, intensly hoppy in both aroma and bitterness. It's very light in color and in maltiness, but I think the oak brings a balancing mouthfeel. I was skeptical about an oaked IIPA, but in this case, it actually brings a balance to the beer and plays nicely with the hops. The beer is also one of the freshest hoppy beers I've ever had packaged. The cans are obviously working. My only complaint is that it is almost too drinkable and as a result, my head is pounding this morning.

Well done Sully.
keelanfish

Re: 21A Hop Crisis

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:01 am

Dang, your review just made me thirsty and I am at work at 9:00 AM, fortunately it available in Brooklyn. When the say "tasty crack cans" they are not kidding. A local brewery just started selling 16 ounce cans in 4-packs which are pretty damned good.
Here's to liking it in the can. :oops:
Cheers.
Beer makes you smart, drinking is art.
www.fritzbrew.com

Corporal BN Amy
Fritz Eye

Return to Beer Reviews