Up the Creek with a Kriek

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:39 pm

so i want to make a kriek, the traditional way not using acidified malts or adding critic acid or any other various cheating methods one can do. i know it can take like 6 to 8 months to do it this way and i was wondering if any one that has done it can set me in the right direction. such as is if a special mash schedule needed, where i can find the kriek cherries online, and like traditional recipes , stuff like that. thanks much for the help :jnj
nova3795

Re: Up the Creek with a Kriek

Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:42 am

Are you talking about making a kriek lambic? Rather than focus on the cherries, focus on the underlying beer first. JZ's BCS would be a fine place to start.
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Re: Up the Creek with a Kriek

Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:31 pm

There are many ways to skin that cat, but as Spidey said, your best bet is simply to get your base lambic going. After that you will have many months to figure out your next steps involving the cherries...
"A bad man is a good man's job, while a good man is a bad man's teacher."
brewinhard
Global Moderator

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles