Re: NHC2013 BOS light lager?

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:34 pm

CRBrewHound wrote:
Effingbeer wrote:This year seemed full of shenanigans. BOS for category 1, exploding commemorative cans, and did the Ninkasi trophy break or something? Wow. Wish I had been there.

The commemorative can exploding in the back of my vehicle, made for an exciting ride home! Got half my shit soaked though, which pissed me off!!!

Friends of ours brought theirs home is in their checked bags, and the bottom of the can was bulging out completely but didn't explore. I left mine in the bathroom for the housekeeper (moved them from by the TV to the bathroom when the others starting exploding at the registration table).
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:36 am

TheDarkSide wrote:
CRBrewHound wrote:
Effingbeer wrote:This year seemed full of shenanigans. BOS for category 1, exploding commemorative cans, and did the Ninkasi trophy break or something? Wow. Wish I had been there.

The commemorative can exploding in the back of my vehicle, made for an exciting ride home! Got half my shit soaked though, which pissed me off!!!

Friends of ours brought theirs home is in their checked bags, and the bottom of the can was bulging out completely but didn't explore. I left mine in the bathroom for the housekeeper (moved them from by the TV to the bathroom when the others starting exploding at the registration table).

Wow, didn't hear that they were exploding at the registration table or I would have left them in the hotel room.
CRBrewHound

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:31 am

I saw AHA staff chuckin the canned beer into the garbage (with safety goggles on). Some of the cans that exploded prior to them throwing them out looked like 50 cal bullet had shot out of the tops.

I ditched my own cans earlier when I heard they were bad. The bottom hard point of one was bulging like you see when canned food goes bad. Scarey shit.
Corporal, BN Army
On Tap: Whatever IPA, Oat Stout, Cider, Citra-Mosaic Hopped Cider, Cherry Cider.
Aging: Black Currant Lambic, Oud Bruin, Eng B-wine, 65gal barrel of scabby 3rd runs w/Rosalare-Lacto Brux -we just call T.E.D.
BrewChoPs

Previous

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles