Re: Need some Easy Fail-Safe Recipes

Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 am

Congrats man, not only for the successful reception (dual meaning intended), but for stepping up & bottling like a maun. You'd never catch me doing that without a 8 head auto-filler... and even then I better be getting paid :D
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Mon May 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Congrats :pop
:crazybitch:
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM2 Judge
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:50 am

BDawg wrote:
breslinp wrote:
CaptainMorgan04 wrote:Thanks, you guys are awesome. Anyone have a tasty (and EASY), tried and true stout recipe? I'm only set up for 5 gal batches but have access to plenty of fermenters. I'm thinking about doing 2 batches ( 10 gal ) of three varieties (30 gal total). Anything more than that will be store bought.

Just do a search for Jamil's dry stout. Use the dark (English, 500-600 SRM) roasted barley and pulverize it in a coffee grinder. You won't get the black color if you don't pulverize it and use the dark barley.

http://www.beerdujour.com/Recipes/Jamil ... yStout.htm

+1 on pulverizing the roasted barley.

Totally off topic for what the OP intended, but a question about pulverizing the barley. Is this the one where Jamil recommends you pulverize the barley and just sift it on top of the main mash, then recirc? Or do you actually mix the pulverized grains more completely into the main mash?
winvarin

Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:23 pm

yes, pulverize it in a coffee grinder then put it on top of the mash after you are done mashing but before sparging.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM2 Judge
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Previous

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles