Re: Rainier Beer clone?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:15 pm

PorkSlapper wrote:A little searching of the interwebs yielded me one and only recipe
http://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/rainier
I might give it a try next summer, but really its such a cheap beer to buy at any grocer/mini mart in the Northwest. You might as well just go buy a 6 pack of tall boys, sit on your front porch and enjoy. :drink

:jnj -Pooooooooork Slaaaaaaaaaaaaaap perrrrrrrrrr!
(Raaaaaaaaainieeeeeeeer Beeeeeeeeeeer)

I wouldn't even bother trying to clone it, but if that's what you're into, it should be a pretty easy one. You guys have it in tall boys? I've seen it in pint-cans a couple times but never tall boys. Lucky bastards.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Even in Portland, when I bring all the beer for the softball team I sponsor at my customer, I always have to bring an 18 pack of Rainier. For the "easy drinking" group. Of course, the remainder of the two coolers are IPA's :)
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Ozwald wrote:
PorkSlapper wrote:A little searching of the interwebs yielded me one and only recipe
http://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/rainier
I might give it a try next summer, but really its such a cheap beer to buy at any grocer/mini mart in the Northwest. You might as well just go buy a 6 pack of tall boys, sit on your front porch and enjoy. :drink

:jnj -Pooooooooork Slaaaaaaaaaaaaaap perrrrrrrrrr!
(Raaaaaaaaainieeeeeeeer Beeeeeeeeeeer)

I wouldn't even bother trying to clone it, but if that's what you're into, it should be a pretty easy one. You guys have it in tall boys? I've seen it in pint-cans a couple times but never tall boys. Lucky bastards.

I've always considered the pint cans tall boys and the 20/22oz cans "man cans." Feel free to correct: I haven't slept in a while (this Tuesday has been well over 40hrs so far, and has at least 4 more before wednesday).
adamK

Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:55 am

What I really need is a recipe for the original Rainier beer, circa the 70's before they sold out and changed the recipe..Todays version is no where near the original..even a good solid starting point would be helpful
Tom A Hawk

Previous

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles