Re: Tasty: Water Profile

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:13 am

I hesitate to post information about what I do with my water because I have no idea where I got this profile although I've been using it for years and won second round medals with lagers and ales, American and Belgian. I'm going to have Palmer review it and suggest changes which I will follow. I wouldn't take any success I've had in brewing to be a result of my water. It could be in spite of my water. :?

Tasty
yep, yep, yep, yep

Next up:
JBA Light
Fermenting:
nada
Serving:
Rauchbier (ugh!)
TastyMcD

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:58 pm

Thanks Tasty... I noticed that you use canning salts which Palmer doesn't have on his spreadsheet. I'd be interested in why he left it off of the spreadsheet.
Gary
Big Tex Brewing
---------------------------------------------
Give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour.
Teach a man to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.
- ANONYMOUS
Big Tex

Mon May 02, 2011 3:50 pm

TastyMcD wrote:I hesitate to post information about what I do with my water because I have no idea where I got this profile although I've been using it for years and won second round medals with lagers and ales, American and Belgian. I'm going to have Palmer review it and suggest changes which I will follow. I wouldn't take any success I've had in brewing to be a result of my water. It could be in spite of my water. :?

Tasty

I really hate dragging up old topics, but I found this one to be quite intriguing. Tasty, what program are you showing here for your water profile calculations?

Thanks for the assist and hope to see you at the NHC this year!
Life is hard, it's harder when you're stupid.
BN Corporal
Ozark Regiment of Mounted Riflemen
Jhwk

Mon May 02, 2011 4:25 pm

Promash.
yep, yep, yep, yep

Next up:
JBA Light
Fermenting:
nada
Serving:
Rauchbier (ugh!)
TastyMcD

Mon May 02, 2011 5:25 pm

Yeah, this is really interesting for me as I've recently been reading & listening around water/ph/mash chemistry topics via the BN, homebrewtalk, John Palmer, AJ DeLange, Kai Troester etc. Thanks to Jhwk for digging it up. :-).

Tasty, you mentioned in that earlier post that you were considering reviewing your water, particularly for some lagers. Given the passage of time, what's your current thinking on this?

cheers
rowan
rowan

Tue May 17, 2011 8:23 pm

rowan wrote:Yeah, this is really interesting for me as I've recently been reading & listening around water/ph/mash chemistry topics via the BN, homebrewtalk, John Palmer, AJ DeLange, Kai Troester etc. Thanks to Jhwk for digging it up. :-).

Tasty, you mentioned in that earlier post that you were considering reviewing your water, particularly for some lagers. Given the passage of time, what's your current thinking on this?

cheers
rowan

Same here. I have been listening to the old podcast and wonder if you have switched up your water or still using the same profile.
chhc

Thu May 26, 2011 5:49 am

TastyMcD wrote:I hesitate to post information about what I do with my water because I have no idea where I got this profile although I've been using it for years and won second round medals with lagers and ales, American and Belgian. I'm going to have Palmer review it and suggest changes which I will follow. I wouldn't take any success I've had in brewing to be a result of my water. It could be in spite of my water. :?

Tasty

This water profile is Moshers Ideal Pale Ale.
Cheers,
Ad.

Thu May 26, 2011 6:28 am

Ad wrote:This water profile is Moshers Ideal Pale Ale.

Yes, that's what I've been told.

Tasty
yep, yep, yep, yep

Next up:
JBA Light
Fermenting:
nada
Serving:
Rauchbier (ugh!)
TastyMcD

PreviousNext

Return to Favorite Beer Recipes & Styles