Keggnog?

Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:55 am

Hey fellas,

I'm an absolute novice when it comes to this, but I have an empty 1/2 barrel Sanke keg lying around that I have just emptied and sanitized. To make a long story short, I was hoping someone might be able to advise me on whether or not my lastest endeavor is even worth undertaking.

I would like to fill said keg partially with eggnog for this coming Half-Christmas. Now, I realize that eggnog is not carbonated whereas (as far as I'm aware) beverages dispensed from a keg are. So my question is this:

If I fill my Sanke keg 1/4-1/2 full of eggnog and then use a basic tap like one you would see at a college house party (I don't know the technical term for the type of tap), would simply hand pumping it create sufficient pressure to dispense the eggnog in the same way beer would be dispensed? I'm all for MacGyver-ing this thing if need be, I won't have much of a further use for the keg afterwards, other than perhaps an endtable or something of the sort. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, as the only experience I have working with kegs is from working in a bar and having to switch them out peridoically.

Thanks in advance!
Shoap

Re: Keggnog?

Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:21 am

I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, all you need to get the liquid out of the keg is head pressure, and that would do.
peas_and_corn

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing