broken kegerator

Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:04 pm

i recently bought my kegerator from a buddy who was PCSing, i bought my 1st 1/6th keg and everything worked great. i bought a half keg now, and now the temperature doesn't want to go down to the programmed temp. i have it set for 41 it stays at 64, i changed it to 34 the lowest and it goes down to 59. any ideas?
sisum

Re: broken kegerator

Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:19 pm

My guess would be that you need a coolant charge. But I wouldn't expect you to need a coolant charge if you didn't have a coolant leak. Is there a chance your buddy will buy it back from you? Is this just a buddy or a good friend? I have suffered through 2 kegerators with coolant leaks (one my own fault! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30565) and both were unrepairable. I have since move onto a chest freezer and temperature controller. I would try very quickly to get your $$ back from your buddy!!
"The word unblowupable is tossed around a lot these days..."
Homer Simpson
bazookazilla

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing