Re: Party pump to Ball lock

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:39 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
forcera wrote:I would just need to get ..... male to male fittings. Well that is where the hard part comes in.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :unicornrainbow:

I knew that was going to happen as soon as I posted that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
forcera

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:56 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
forcera wrote:I would just need to get ..... male to male fittings. Well that is where the hard part comes in.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :unicornrainbow:

Ozwald wrote:...one of these days I'll use mine.

:shock:
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:49 pm

forcera wrote:After looking at one of the converters that my LHBS has I would just need to get a 1/2 inch to 7/8 inch male to male fittings. Well that is where the hard part comes in. I haven't done much looking but if anyone knows where to get one please post it!!!

Here is what the fittings for the ball lock post looks like. They already have these made up so it should be just a matter of finding the right fittings.

I did find this 7/8 in. Compression x 1/2 in. Male Pipe Thread Adapter but I'm not sure if it would work. What do you guys think? From the pic it looks like I would just have to take the compression parts of the fitting off.

That fitting is male Pipe to a compression fitting to work with tubing (copper or even Nylon). My company makes many styles to work with stainless to Nylon (J844) to copper and steel. That is not the fitting you want. You need to find out the threads in the party pump and then come up with a coupler that will adapt to the CO2 ball lock threads. Threads are based on OD of the thread and the pitch. You can not just state 7/8", needs to be something like 7/8"-14, which is a very common JIC/SAE1926 or SAE45 thread. The hard part if the Ball Lock adapters are odd ball threads. Too bad they are not standard. Good luck.
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Previous

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing