DIY portable kegerators

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:04 am

I was looking for a post with DIY kegerators that you can take with you on picnics, the lake, or whatever. I couldn't find a post so I decided to start my own. I threw my wife a party and rented her a party boat to take out on the lake. I had two really good kegs. One was a Dos Equiss clone (my wife's request), and a really good raspberry tart from Austin Home Brew. I had a cooler that I could fit two 5 gallon corney kegs in, but the cooler wasn't tall enough. So, I decided to build a box to make it taller. Here is the finished product. I am using picnic taps right now but I am planning on putting a more permanent taps on. I put the kegs in and fill up the cooler with ice. It is surprisingly efficient.

What all have you guys made. Let's see your creations.

humpadilo

Re: DIY portable kegerators

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:38 pm

I personally use the 'bring a large trash can & remind everyone else to bring a couple bags of ice' method. Works like a charm. Problems? Since it's usually couples, just remind them that 2 bags of ice is dirt cheap compared to buying 2 plastic cups at a college kegger party.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Re: DIY portable kegerators

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:16 am

I plan on making one of the portable kegerators in the BYO 25 Great Homebrew Projects magazine once I've got a few other projects out of the way.
12stones

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing