Growler Saver - cool idea

Thu May 02, 2013 10:59 am

Someone shared this on fb, and I thought it was a pretty cool system to keep beer in a growler fresh, so throwing a link in here. Dude is using kickstarter to raise funds to get this going, but has stalled out about halfway to his goal of $30k with 5 days left. If you don't like stale growler beer and have a few bones to throw his way...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1691296505/the-growler-savertm-the-last-pour-is-as-good-as-th
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Re: Growler Saver - cool idea

Thu May 02, 2013 12:26 pm

It is cool, but I see many law suits in the future with people trying to pressurize a faulty growler. They need to pair this with the Warhead and it would be perfect.
NervousDad

Thu May 02, 2013 12:44 pm

For sure a cool idea but there needs to be a limiting factor on the CO2 like NervousDad said. Maybe a weaker pressure relief valve or something. Best of luck to the guy.

Edit: After actually watching the entire video it appears the relief valve blows off fairly easily.
EllisTX

Thu May 02, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm not too worried about the valve, although I could see if getting clogged up. I see a problem with a growler that has a weakness in it already, and it blows apart. probably not a big deal though I just worry about everything. :mrgreen:
NervousDad

Thu May 02, 2013 1:43 pm

NervousDad wrote:I'm not too worried about the valve, although I could see if getting clogged up. I see a problem with a growler that has a weakness in it already, and it blows apart. probably not a big deal though I just worry about everything. :mrgreen:

The rumor on the street is that you're very nervous and you have kids.
EllisTX

Thu May 02, 2013 2:27 pm

Didn't Moscow talk about this in the news on the Monday Session? I'd have thought that would push it all the way to their goal. :roll:
GilesTH

Thu May 02, 2013 2:27 pm

:lol:
NervousDad

Thu May 02, 2013 2:31 pm

I have one of those CO2 things. If I need to save a keg, I just spray some CO2 over the top and seal it up. Sure it won't carbonate the beer, but it does get the air out of the bottle.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing