Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra barrier line

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:01 am

Anyone try this stuff? I was just about to pull the trigger on 100' of superflex line from morebeer and searching google came across some threads on hbt.com raving about bev-seal line.

I have always noticed a "stale" taste to beer that has sat in the line for more than a few hours. I usually flush a few ounces. It sounds like some people are claiming the bev-seal lines reduce or eliminate staling in the line. Is it possible? It might seem insignificant to waste a few ounces but over 5 gallons of beer it adds up.

I haven't heard a comparison in flexibility of Bev-Seal compared to superflex, which would be a drawback as I really appreciate having flexible lines even cold. It also sounds like the 3/16 bev-seal line is difficult to fit 1/4" tail pieces.

Any experience, comparison with the bev-seal line appreciated. Even if it prevents staling in line or reduces it I am still not sure I want to give up the convenience of the superflex line??
Last edited by dirtbikejunkie on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirtbikejunkie

Re: Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra barrier line

Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:30 pm

I bought 50' of this stuff once but it is very stiff, and I had to boil the end to attach the cobra taps ( wasn't using perlicks at the time ). I've decided now to just use the superflex line from now on.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 am

Be careful with the stuff that morebeer sells. The last piece that I bought from them had a strong vinyl odor and flavor that affected beer that had sat in the line for more than a few minutes. They were extremely unprofessional about the problem too. Perhaps the last time that I will give that company my business.
maxwell

Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:30 am

maxwell wrote:Be careful with the stuff that morebeer sells. The last piece that I bought from them had a strong vinyl odor and flavor that affected beer that had sat in the line for more than a few minutes. They were extremely unprofessional about the problem too. Perhaps the last time that I will give that company my business.

Other people have reported the same but morebeer found out they received a defect run and corrected it.

That sucks if they didn't handle it for you professionally, but I would give them a 2nd chance.
dirtbikejunkie

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:09 pm

I see a pretty easy solution. Don't let the beer sit in the line more than a few hours - just keep pouring pints until the keg blows :D
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:18 am

Or better yet buy all your draft equipment from micromatic using the banner ad from the homepage 8-);-)
The only soldier in the BN ARMY with Ink on his legs promoting The Brewing network and BN ARMY. Prost

"The BNA is my therapist." Mickp
Henning1966

Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Maxwell, you are right about the odor of the Morebeer line. I had went ahead and ordered 100' and it still has an extremely strong odor. I haven't used it yet and decided I am going to return it.

I am probably going to replace it with line from Micromatic.
dirtbikejunkie

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm bummed to hear that you had the same experience. I had really hoped that my experience was an isolated one. I can't vouch for the micromatic line but I had good luck with the stuff that kegconnection sells. It's 'Bevlex 200 by Kuriyama'. Let us know if the micromatic line works out. I would like to support the BN if possible next time I buy draft equipment.
maxwell

Next

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing