Re: Bottling. Long fermentation.... Can we add a little yea

Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:28 am

Yes it's a potential ABV I'm reading. My buddies that are more enthusiastic about drinking beer rather than brewing it understand this better. Champagne yeast!. This is brilliant :D Don't have any going right now. Ended up pitching about 2 oz of a one pint starter of White Labs CA Ale Yeast in the bottling bucket. Don't know if it will help much but I will study up on this as I would like to do some Barley wines for winter and I think it relates. Thank for the input everyone! :) :)
Jan Wolfhouse: So yeah, I heard you got fired from the brewery?
Landfill: God damn brewery! You know that brewery makes 10,000 bottles of beer a day. I drink 45 of them, and I'm the asshole!
brewjedi

Re: Bottling. Long fermentation.... Can we add a little yea

Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:15 am

brewjedi wrote:Champagne yeast!. This is brilliant :D Don't have any going right now.

Most people using champagne yeast will use a dry pack. Keep in mind that if you are ever dealing with a stuck ferment, and are using champagne yeast to 'dry it out' that champ yeast may tolerate the ABV and get you a bit further if the beer yeast quit early, but that wine yeast cannot consume all of the same sugars as beer yeast, so you won't get everything done quite the same as if you'd gotten it all done with your first yeast...
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing