Yet another new kegger with questions

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 am

Howdy All

Looking at taking the plunge into kegging.

I have an extra 9-cf-chest freezer so I think I'm going to use that. Any downsides to using a freezer versus a fridge?

Looking and talking with MoreBeer I think I'm going to go with the Two Tower Conversion Kit. Besides the kegs, temp controller, and tools is there anything else I would need?

If I eventually was hoping to have another double tower for a total of 4, is the above mentioned kit compatible with making that happen? Or would I need to buy a whole other kit?

Mahalo!
dj_carlson

Re: Yet another new kegger with questions

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:06 am

Freezer vs Fridge is personal preference. freezer will use less electricity, but you have to lift the kegs pretty high to get them in.

Towers can be a pain, makes it hard to open the lid. Consider a collar with faucets coming through the collar.
What's on tap: Cream Ale, Imperial Blonde
Secondary: British Amber,
Primary: APA
http://bubrew.org
DannyW

Re: Yet another new kegger with questions

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:27 am

+1 on the freezer with the collar. If you decide down the road you want to set up a tap fridge you can transfer the taps and shanks from the 2x4 collar right to the fridge and not have any holes in your freezer lid. You might be able to set up the four taps for the price of one two tap tower.
Keep on Brewin'
Captain Carrot

"Beer makes everything more fun!" (me)
captain carrot

Return to Kegging, Bottling and Dispensing