What a douche!!!!

Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:52 pm

So my wife got me The Oak Bottle for fathers day. Kudos to her for thinking and it is a good idea for things like wine and whiskey or rum but not beer. It's just a oak bottle. Basically you freshen the wood with water then add wine or whiskey to get quick oak flavor in just 24 hrs due to the max surface area ratio....... So I thanked my wife but said we should return it because it's not going to work for beer bc the carbonation will come out of solution and no one wants to drink warm flat woody beer. We contact the site online and heard nothing. A week goes by and we send a email and the guys response is " I don't take returns just because you don't want it" Mind you it was a gift and unopened. After this comment and smug :evil: response I called and spoke with the guy. Total Arrogant Asshole! He wouldn't let me talk and kept telling me how it would work for beer and that the carbonation will not come out of solution and that you only have to let it sit for 2 hours....mind you website says 24hrs..... he also kept saying how he is winning all these awards how he sells so many and that budweiser and miller want to use his product in production, yada yada yada. After trying to talk to this guy for 15minutes and explain that I'm sure his product works great for wine and spirits and that it just would not suit my needs and I don't have confidence in the item for I had to tell him I would get my bank to refund the money if he didn't. He finally refunded me my $89 for a beer bottle made of oak. My recommendation Soldiers is not buy this product not just because I don't see it working for beer but bc the customer service is non-existent. Guy is a pompous asshole :asshat: and obviously does not care about his reputation and patrons and is only concerned with moving product. The website is here if you want to check it out or let the guy know he is a douche. Just heads up so you don't waste your money or your time.
:unicornrainbow:
http://oakbottle.com/index.php?route=common/home
Sharkguy05
PFC - East Coast Division
"Your never to drunk to fall off the floor"

Tap:
Kats Sour puss
Dunkelweisse
Big Fat Bock
Crystal satan
Fermenting:
Wise Bugg
sharkguy05

Re: What a douche!!!!

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:53 pm

I'm not sure you went about this correctly. You should have said to your wife, "Perfect Honey! I now need to start distilling to get the most out of this thing!" Just my 2 pesos.
La Ola es Mio!
SoCal Surfer

Return to Brewing Equipment