Gas Control Setup Question

Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:12 pm

I ordered one of these last night and got a call from ACME controls that the product was obsoleted and a new one could be had for just $55 more. Not wanting to be the Coyote chasing the Road Runner and enriching ACME Controls along the way, I cancelled.

Anyone know where I could get this setup (or something similar/equivalent) for a good price? My searches are frustrating me...

Thanks

~widget
Buttwidget

Re: Gas Control Setup Question

Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:07 pm

jimmiec

Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 pm

That's interesting. It appears to be missing the gas solenoid, but I would have been more intrested had I not kept at it and finally just bought this.

~widget
Buttwidget

Gas Control Setup Question

Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:06 pm

You don't want that one. You want the Honeywell that you posted in the first post in this thread. It's the real deal. I looked long and hard ( yes, I said long and hard ) for one like that for almost a year. I found them occasionally on eBay, usually for > $150. I finally found one at some sort of online plumbing / HVAC type surplus site. $100. I have never found one again for that price. I think if you find one for $150, you should jump on it - like JP jumps on a college kid dressed up in a Mickey Mouse outfit.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Yep, nothing quite gets you there like the Honeywell setup.

The original supplier obsoleted the order and wanted $50 more for the "new" version. I went with these guys and will to see my kit tomorrow.

~widget
Buttwidget

Return to Brewing Equipment