Quick Disconect Question - Morebeer Wort Chiller to Sink Tap

Wed May 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Hey,

I just got a countertop dishwasher and it uses a quick disconnect to attach to the sink, I was wondering if any of you were aware of the part I would need to connect that quick disconnect to my wort chiller (it is made to connect to a garden hose). I know essentially I just need a quick disconnect that has the garden hose adapter on one end and the quick disconnect on the other end. I'm just at lost as to what part I would need for this.

Thanks,

Sean.
Brown Ridge Brewing: My homebrew recipe's and brewing exploits.
SmartFoneCases.com: Quality cases at an affordable price.
beerdrinker

Re: Quick Disconect Question - Morebeer Wort Chiller to Sink

Wed May 09, 2012 5:06 pm

I believe that the unicouple on the dishwasher is unique. If you had one of these, it would be simple to cut the supply line and adapt up to your chiller, but they are only available for purchase with both hoses attached ($50). If you have an extensive hardware store (or possibly farm supply), you could try taking your faucet adapter with you and seeing if you can find one that fits. I have both a dishwasher and a chiller, and have to switch out the faucet adapters too, so if you find a good solution or a good part that does the job, I'd be interested in hearing it!
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Wed May 09, 2012 6:49 pm

I found a quick disconnect at the local hardware store (Canadian Tire) for $5 in the garden department. It's perfect for the task at hand.

Cheers!
Brown Ridge Brewing: My homebrew recipe's and brewing exploits.
SmartFoneCases.com: Quality cases at an affordable price.
beerdrinker

Wed May 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Could you post a pic of it? Canadian hardware stores might have different stuff than we do... :drink
Spiderwrangler
PFC, Arachnid Deployment Division

In the cellar:
In the fermentor: Belgian Cider
In the works: Wooden Cider
spiderwrangler
Global Moderator

Wed May 09, 2012 11:29 pm

I may have seen what he is referring to at Home Depot. Bought one to run a hose to the sink/Washer-outlet to leak test the connections when the siding was replaced.
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Thu May 10, 2012 10:42 am

If I were you, I'd check with your local hardware store, such as Ace, rather than the big box stores. I've had many great experiences where the counter guys could spot the exact fitting and order it for me. Often times these connectors are specific to the appliance. I've had a portable washing machine that had a different connector than the dishwasher and had to change adaptors every time I changed appliances, that really sucked!
Alan Marks
alan_marks

Return to Brewing Equipment