Remove the keg valve.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Hello.

I'm always reading this here forum topics. Now came a question about my equipment.

I have three kegs and would like to take the valve to fill them but do not have the tool to the service.

The type of valve is the G system.

There is no possibility to take the key?

ps: sorry my bad english. :oops:

Thanks.
Carllos
Carllos

Re: Remove the keg valve.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:08 am

This may help. Not sure exactly how to release the pressure in the keg without a keg coupler ...

http://www.beer-recipe.org/EuroSanke.html
Quin

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Here's an example of the valve
http://img.21food.com/20110609/descript ... 562687.jpg

her to take the keg is screwing?

ps: Quin, thanks for answer.
Carllos

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:14 am

I have been dismantleing these alot lately. If you look there should be a notch cut on the ID (inside diameter) of the valve, there is a tempered steel locking ring inside that. If you can take a small flat head screwdriver in there and pry the handle of the screwdriver out pushing the top ring of the tempered ring in to the center of the valves area. **** WARNING **** release the preasure first!!!!!!!! just take an OLD towle and place it over the top of the keg. Then take a blunt object and push the ball in the center down and get ready for the smell of big beer. Once the tempered ring is pushed out to the center, stick another small flat head screwdriver behind it and work your way around till the tempered ring is out. then just twist the ball valve 1/8 of a turn to the counter clock direction and lift out. It may get stinkey and stickey,,,,,,,, but hey what guy doesn't like that? :bnarmy: Oh ya be take your time.... No rush on this.
In keg-a-tor-a-anator

Ocotoberfest, Sour Code Brown for Big Brew Day, Smoke Porter

On Deck
American Pale Ale and Dry Stout
My Dad always said "never confuse bravery with stupidity."
lunitick1976

Return to Brewing Equipment