I want to add a collar to my keg freezer.
1. 2x4 or 2x6?
2. Do I need to fasten the collar to the freezer in some way? Something like a lip on the outside?
3. Is there anything magic about shank length or do I just need enough to get through collar?
4. Should the wood be treated to resist moisture?
Thanks for any help you can offer!
1. It depends on how much height you need, although a 2x6 will give you more height to mount things like a drip tray.
2. I would do a lip on the inside, or use a bracket of some type
3. Make sure not to cut it too tight on the length, but no magic
4. DO NOT use pressure treated wood, really pressure treated has some nasty chemicals in it, but yes treat it in some way (stain, paint, polyurethane) but use an exterior grade product
my 2 cents