Mechanically Inept: Where do I oil my march pump?

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:44 am

Mechanically inept history major here. I usually get by following directions carefully, but this time I'm a bit confused.

The march pump direction say to put a drop of oil in each bearing. But when I look at the diagram, I don't see anthing labeled bearing. I could guess, but that usually turns out bad. Will someone please help me figure out this most basic problem?

http://www.marchpump.com/documents/Part%20Sheets/Hydronic_Pump-Series/0809-0053-1100.pdf
:bnarmy:Corporal, BN Army Kettle Scrubbing Squad :bnarmy:
andy77

Re: Mechanically Inept: Where do I oil my march pump?

Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:06 pm

If you will go to http://www.pbase.com/agamid/image/122333416 you will find a picture of a March pump. On the label, just to the right of the connection "diagram", you will see arrows pointing up and down with the word "OIL". The arrows point to the two oiling ports which appear, respectively, as a silvery U at the top of the motor (just below the transition from metal to plastic) and as an inverted U at the bottom of the motor. If you have an older unit the label may be different or worn away bit it is these two semicircular apertures on the side opposite to where the wires enter that you seek.
ajdelange

Re: Mechanically Inept: Where do I oil my march pump?

Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:24 pm

Mechanically inept and also can't read. :?

Thanks, AJ.
:bnarmy:Corporal, BN Army Kettle Scrubbing Squad :bnarmy:
andy77

Return to Brewing Equipment