Re: Motorized Barley Crusher modification pix

Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Off topic alert.

I have to say, Junket - that your friggin (not so new) avatar pic of yours is giving me the hebe-jeebies. The hoodie blends in with your facial hair giving you that "oh so terrorist" look. I expect a YouTube vid post from you trying to light your shoe on fire.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:56 am

My silly friend... why would I waste time manually lighting my shoes on fire, when the BN Forum has taught me how to wire and use a CAPACITOR??? Muahahahahahahahahah....
Junket -- BN Guerilla

Scotties
CAP
Hummers
Cascadian Beet Ale
Gratzer
Fermenting
Canadian Trippel
Chipotle Amber
Tasty APA
Junket

Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 am

Junket wrote:My silly friend... why would I waste time manually lighting my shoes on fire, when the BN Forum has taught me how to wire and use a CAPACITOR??? Muahahahahahahahahah....

you know you are on some list somewhere now
Normal is getting dressed and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for, in order to get the job you need to pay for the cloths and the car and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
budrockdiesel

Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:46 pm

I know of at least one.
code
codewritinfool

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:29 am

After listing to the Brew Strong show on milling the other night I decided to update my mill...

Jamil was asking about the correct RPM to keep the husks from shredding. Bob from Breiss Malts stated that it was more of a function of speed differential between the rollers. We set out to fix that issue and came up with this. We have run one batch through so far and it seems that the husks are almost completely intact.

Oh well...I think it's all about the gadgets anyway....it was a fun build up.
msjulian

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:18 pm

now THAT is overkill... i love it. Makes my valley mill and 1/2" drill look like a kid toy.
PFC BN Army - 43rd Battalion Mashing Squadron
beltbuckle

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:27 pm

msjulian wrote:After listing to the Brew Strong show on milling the other night I decided to update my mill...

Jamil was asking about the correct RPM to keep the husks from shredding. Bob from Breiss Malts stated that it was more of a function of speed differential between the rollers. We set out to fix that issue and came up with this. We have run one batch through so far and it seems that the husks are almost completely intact.

Oh well...I think it's all about the gadgets anyway....it was a fun build up.

That is a sweet setup.
You taking orders for the gears and chain yet?
dunleav1

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Well, still a bit early...I have had an issue where one side of one of the rollers moved forward on me. I think it is the brand of mill. It is a Grain Gobbler that given to me. We milled new side plates out of aluminum to replace the plastic sides and made new shafts. I think when I am ready to upgrade I will go with Maltmill and add gears.
msjulian

Previous

Return to Brewing Equipment