Re: The Brutus Savant?

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:56 pm

Nice work Eric,

Way too many safety devices on though, let the sparks fly!
mrbowenz

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:32 am

Thanks, and welcome mrbowenz. I used to be more nonchalant, but after my LASIK I've gotten better about the eye protection. I guess that just made me think about it more. The ear protection is borrowed. That cutoff saw is loud in my garage. The gloves? Well, I grabbed one too many pieces of hot metal. That just leaves the occasional bit of hot steel on my arm. -Eric
Aging: Gotlandsdrickå, Baltic Porter in Bourbon barrel, Olde Ale #2 in whiskey barrel
On Draft: Nothing. Building a walk-in cooler right now.
foomench

Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:37 am

There is nothing wrong with being safe. It sucks getting a chunk of metal stuck in your eye. Costly too. I also play in a band, so I totally agree with the hearing protection, and the gloves. Need my fat sausage fingers to play the Sax! Looks great so far foo!
Prost!

Christian

Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:30 pm

How are things progressing here?, it's been a while, we need some updates ...bump
mrbowenz

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:20 am

Sorry--new floors in the house, friends' wedding one weekend, camping the next, vacation for a week. I'm hoping to get back at this at the end of September.

In other news, mrbowenz, someone else was asking about EuroTanks in another thread. I mentioned your name there. Here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10660
Aging: Gotlandsdrickå, Baltic Porter in Bourbon barrel, Olde Ale #2 in whiskey barrel
foomench

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:21 am

Progress made!
There are still a few crosspieces to be added on, but I want to figure out exactly how I'm going to mount motors and the control panel first. You should be able to click on the photos for larger versions.
-Eric
foomench

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:33 am

Dat's a big'n. Looking good so far.

Mylo
"Life is too short to bottle homebrew." - Me

"HEINEKEN? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!" - Dennis Hopper, in Blue Velvet
Mylo
Global Moderator

Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:17 am

I'm planning keggles for the HLT and BK, but I sized the stand to handle the 30 gallon BoilerMaker some day. I can dream.
foomench

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Sculptures