RIMS Setup, Strut Build. Still need a little help!

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:08 pm

I'm building this right now to begin brewing better beer. I want order in my brewday, and having things in order is the first step to gaining that order. Check it out.

2 Chugger Pumps
Brewers Hardware RIMS Tube w/ Sight Glass
3 Way SS Ball Valves
2 BG14 Burners

Here is the plan, showin most but not everything.
brew stand by HopticalIllusionist, on Flickr

RIMS Tube
RIMS Tube Photo by HopticalIllusionist, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

HLT w/ Sight Glass Install. Still needs Temp Probe
keggle by HopticalIllusionist, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

The stand and what I've got so far. This is a hour or so of work, Mississippi heat gets to you quickly!
Brew Stand Build 2 by HopticalIllusionist, on Flickr

My current/remaining hurdles are wiring for the RIMS tube, which may come in a few months after I get used to brewing on a system this size...but mainly the gas control to the burners. If anyone has ANY help that can give me, I am all ears! Gas details in the next post.
GrantH

Re: RIMS Setup, Strut Build. Still need a little help!

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:15 am

The RIMS tube does not appear to recirc into the mash?
CRBrewHound

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:42 am

CRBrewHound wrote:The RIMS tube does not appear to recirc into the mash?

I see it going back into the MLT, but the plumbing overall isn't correct.

GrantH wrote:I'm building this right now to begin brewing better beer.

You don't need a better system to brew better beer. You can brew killer beer on a cobbled together system on your stove top. Seeing how you're new to the forum, why not head over to the new users section, introduce yourself & tell us a bit about your brewing history.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:34 am

Ozwald wrote:

It does, and has two different options of doing such. This is a mimic of the system BrewersHardware uses without any issus.

I've brewed for a while now, and this will indeed help me step up my game a bit. The automation and accuracy in and of itself will help.

The plumbing is fine from everyone I have talked to. It may not be the best, but it will work well from the folks I've talked to. The images makes it out to be hardline, but it will be softline silicone hoses. If I need to change plumbing after a few brew days, it is as easy as swapping a couple hoses around, not anything to worry about up front. As of now I simply need to figure out the propane portion of the build. The automation will be built it with time.

I'll hit the intro section.
GrantH

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:27 pm

GrantH wrote:
Ozwald wrote:

It does, and has two different options of doing such. This is a mimic of the system BrewersHardware uses without any issus.

I've brewed for a while now, and this will indeed help me step up my game a bit. The automation and accuracy in and of itself will help.

The plumbing is fine from everyone I have talked to. It may not be the best, but it will work well from the folks I've talked to. The images makes it out to be hardline, but it will be softline silicone hoses. If I need to change plumbing after a few brew days, it is as easy as swapping a couple hoses around, not anything to worry about up front. As of now I simply need to figure out the propane portion of the build. The automation will be built it with time.

I'll hit the intro section.

Hey Grant,

If you ever make it down to the coast....or want to come check out my brew system....feel free. I have an open brewery policy.... :jnj Bring that RIMS tube down, I might have to steal that!!

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Indeed I will! I come to coast fairly often, with friends in the Bay.
GrantH

Return to Brewing Sculptures