I picked up the brew stand yesterday and plumbed it for gas today. Performed leak and flame testing and everything worked out great. My first brew is going to be on Saturday, I'll do an all-water run through on the process steps tomorrow to ensure everything operates as planned. Gas and pumps will be manually controlled for this brew as I wait for the control module and valves for the electronic controls to arrive. I hope to have the electrics built and in place by early August. Saturday's brew is a single infusion mash, so I won't even be using the HERMS portion of the setup, but I've used it with my Gott cooler previously and know it works.
Anyway, now I've got pictures to share. I'll start with the equipment I was using back in March (and have used for the year beforehand).
First up is the old brewing system.
Next I had my fabricator do the work on the remaining kettle (HLT).
Next I worked up some plans and had the fabricator get to work on the stand.
Once I got it home it was time to plumb the gas lines.
The last pic I have is right after leak and flame testing.
I've since added the rest of the quick disconnects and have ordered stainless ball valves.
This project has been an absolute blast. Its been a log time since I've been able to do something like this.