Here's my setup:
I moved 8 months ago and am now designing a new (larger) brewing room in the new house. Equipment and ideas will remain the same however.
My setup uses 20 gallon Blichman kettles, a HERMS coil in the HLT to maintain heat, and a control panel I custom built myself to run the show. All electric for indoor use.
My build criteria for system:
- 100% electric for indoor brewing
- Safe, easy, and enjoyable to use
- Not limit the brewer in any way
- Provide for extremely repeatable and consistent results
- Use industrial quality parts that last and are easy to replace (all stainless steel, limit the use of plastics)
I also have complete instructions on how to built it from scratch available for free on my website if anyone's interested: TheElectricBrewery.com