Re: Brew system pics

Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Here is my New Brewing System, It is an electric/gas hybrid, gets great gas mileage :) . Using 2 10 gallon coolers.

I was limited with my options since I only have access to 120v, so the element is only a 1500W and goes in the HLT and it is basically a normal HERMS from there, I do try and speed up the process by preheating the water on the stove.

The control Panel

The element in the HLT

The Guts of the HLT including the agitator

During the Mash

During the Sparge

Once I figured it all out it is working perfectly 80-85% eff and the clearest wort I have ever seen come out of a mash tun...lol
Stinkfist

Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:22 pm

I also have the 4" and 6" Utah BioDiesel hop strainers. They work well. Nice job!
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:52 am

Kbar wrote:I also have the 4" and 6" Utah BioDiesel hop strainers. They work well. Nice job!

My only issue is it likes to clog up, gets a film over the screen and doesn't filter anymore...just acts like a cup for of very hoppy wort...lol
Stinkfist

Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Nice work Stinkfist, that's a smaller version of what I'm building.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:50 am

Time for another update. In a couple of weeks I'm going from this:

To this:

Yes, I'm going pro! I'm not particularly active on this BN forum, but without all the knowledge I've gained from the Brewing Network this would never have happened. I quit my teaching job and started working full time as the brewmaster for the new local brewery here in Bergen, Norway, called 7 Fjell Bryggeri (7 Mountains Brewery), on November 1. We have contract brewed a couple of batches so far, but our equipment is finally arriving in a couple of weeks. I can hardly wait. Life is good. A great thank you to everyone at the Brewing Network!
Gahr Smith-Gahrsen, Bergen, Norway

7 Fjell Bryggeri and ABC Brewing
Gahr

Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:12 pm

Well that escalated quickly!...lol Congrats and good luck!
Stinkfist

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Gahr wrote:.......

Yes, I'm going pro! I'm not particularly active on this BN forum, but without all the knowledge I've gained from the Brewing Network this would never have happened. I quit my teaching job and started working full time as the brewmaster for the new local brewery here in Bergen, Norway, called 7 Fjell Bryggeri (7 Mountains Brewery), on November 1. We have contract brewed a couple of batches so far, but our equipment is finally arriving in a couple of weeks. I can hardly wait. Life is good. A great thank you to everyone at the Brewing Network!

Good Luck Man! You'll have to post back with updates latter.
Bad Goat Brewing

Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Gahr wrote:Time for another update. In a couple of weeks I'm going from this:

To this:

congrats dude! Working in the beer industry is awesome. I've been in for a little over 4.5 years....
beer is my way of living...
mattman688

PreviousNext

Return to Brewing Sculptures