Re: Peter & Jamil's NHC Tour - Pennsylvania Area

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:28 pm

bryngelbrau

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:30 pm

About an hour south of Philly in Maryland is DuClaw Brewpub in Bel Air, MD.

http://www.duclaw.com/

Good food and beer, and nice people. :aaron
Susquehanna

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:55 am

Earth - Brewpub. Great flatbread, beer is hit or miss lately. The brewer/part owner is Tom Baker who used to own Heavyweight and is mentioned in the book Farmhouse Ales for his Biere de Garde.

Tired Hands - Self Proclaimed Beer Cafe. Limited food menu, paninis, pickled things and meat and cheese, good beer that focuses on Saisons and hops.

The Iron Hill chain of Brewpubs is hit or miss beer wise, the one in North Whales is usually a miss. The Media location medals for their RIS but it's not usually available. Corporate feeling place. The one near Earth is new and I haven't been there enough to have an opinion. The one in West Chester is one of the better ones but I usually go to Media since it's near my house.

Rock Bottom in King Of Prussia is another corporate feeling brewpub, good beer, best ones are usually IPAs. Better than the other chain locations I've been to.

Dock Street is a brewpub and usually has good beer and always has good Pizza.

Nodding Head is a brewpub in the city and is hit or miss for me so I don't get there often.

Triumph Brewpub in the city is good, beer is solid.

Brauhaus Schmitz in the city is a German beer bar/restaurant and awesomely done, I think you would like it there.

There are many other beer bars and restaurants to choose from. This list focuses on locally brewed beer that hasn't been mentioned yet.

You're always welcome at our house too! The beer list in my signature is kept up to date but only 5 of them have won in competition.
Next:
Fermenting: Cider, Azacca Oat Pils, Egregious-ish, Lambic, Carrot Blossom Cedar Mead, Brett Helles
Drinking: RIS, Doppelbock, Sauerkraut Gose, Lambic, Brett Blonde, Kriek, Saison, Rye Berliner
Barrel aged: RIS, Rye Barleywine, Tripel
dstar26t

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:50 am

Myself and David Little aka MacGruffus and Vince Becker will be in Rehoboth Beach Tues night at the brewpub, then touring Dogfish Head WED. morning, before heading back for BNA68.

Sergeant, Gulf Coast, Air Force Div.

Keeper of the :asshat: 2011-2012

"Push keeps shoving something in my mouth" Kim Woods

BJCP Judge
Whitebeard_Brewer

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:20 am

Whitebeard,
The dfh tour sucks. Enjoy the pub, its great and the food is really good. On your way back to 95 to get back to philly, stop at Stewart's in Bear, DE. The brewer is a really good dude and makes very good beer. You might also want to check out Burly Oak Brewing in Berlin, MD and Evolution Brewing in Salisbury, MD. They both get a solid 2 thumbs up! Stop by Wootown Brewers table at NHC on thursday, I'll be the home brewer with the facial hair :jnj Drew
I'm enjoying my 6-pack....my 6-pack of Superbowl trophies!
twitter.com\@ajignatz
ajignatz@gmail.com
Steelers&Beer

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:50 pm

If you're in York, the Holy Hound Taproom http://www.holyhoundtaproom.com/ has a fanfuckingtastic selection of beers. If you're in York, Mi Casa Es Su Casa...everything in my sig line is currently on tap, so stop on by. There will be more by then. There's also http://www.liquidhero.com/. They're a new micro and are pulling hard on those bootstraps. They could use the boost.
Jay
___

Lime cat thinks you suck
___

ON TAP:
RIS
Hefe
Pumpkin Ale
English Brown
American Blonde
O'fest
APA
Alt
Schwarzbier
Dry Stout

FERMENTING:
Nugget Nectar Clone
baltobrewer

Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:26 pm

missed ya on the bus Jay. Full pints of Flying Fish Exit 4 10% triple at 10 am...you wouldda loved it
I'm enjoying my 6-pack....my 6-pack of Superbowl trophies!
twitter.com\@ajignatz
ajignatz@gmail.com
Steelers&Beer

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Steelers&Beer wrote:missed ya on the bus Jay. Full pints of Flying Fish Exit 4 10% triple at 10 am...you wouldda loved it

Woulda loved to have made it. Had tix to see Blackberry Smoke that day, so brew bus unfortunately lost. Next year im in.
Jay
___

Lime cat thinks you suck
___

ON TAP:
RIS
Hefe
Pumpkin Ale
English Brown
American Blonde
O'fest
APA