Denver

Moderators: BadRock, JP

Denver

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Wife is sending me to Denver for my Birthday to visit their craft breweries. I know I can throw a rock in any direction and hit a good brewery in CO but I thought I'd ask for suggestions from the drinking experts before the trip.

:bnarmy:
Grobie

Re: Denver

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 pm

I had lunch at Rock Bottom downtown. Wynkoop rocks. Breckenridge is amazing. If you have a car, take I-70 west to Idaho Springs (about an hour) and Tommyknocker is the most awesomest place! Great food in an old mining town. I am so lucky our software provider is in Vail, I can stop there for lunch after flying into Denver. (Been to Tommyknockers six or seven times in the last 10 years.)

If you find any other cool places, make sure to post them here!
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:24 pm

If you like sours, definitely go to the Crooked Stave tasting room. It's a hole in the wall, but the beers are awesome.
Sergeant BN Army
cdburg

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:28 pm

A trip to Denver is not complete without a stop in at Falling Rock.

Oh, and hit Oskar Blues, too.
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 pm

left hand brewing tasting room in Longmont and Dry Dock in Aurora are some of my favorites not mentioned yet. Dry Dock has a nice home brew shop built in too called the brew hut. If you go to longmont definity go to oskar blues too, they are very close.
vorlauf

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:21 pm

Was in Denver last September for a conference. Falling Rock Taphouse was the highlight for me in Denver. Also went up to Fort Collins and toured New Belgium. The trip was well worth it. Very good brewery tour and tasting/room afterwards was a lot of fun. Spent some time in Golden and drank several evenings at Golden City Brewing. Kind of a hole in the wall with only outdoor seating and a very, very limited menue (like pretzels and frozen pizza). But the beer was fantastic and the atmosphere and patrons great.

Enjoy!
keelanfish

Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:56 pm

They are a bit outside Denver, but Carbondale Beer Works is good. And if you are headed that way, Glenwood Canyon Brewing Company in Glenwood Springs has one of the best domestic Doppelbocks I've ever had on tap RIGHT NOW (a buddy brought me a growler 2 weeks ago..Thanks Mike!!!)

At any rate, there are LOADS of breweries in Colorado. I'm so jealous that you get to go.

Have too much fun, and raise a pint for all of us who have to stay at home.
Life is too short to drink bad beer

In Fermenter: White House Honey Ale, German Weissbier
Bottle Conditioning: Irish Ale, White House Honey Porter
kilndoc

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:35 pm

kilndoc wrote:They are a bit outside Denver, but Carbondale Beer Works is good. And if you are headed that way, Glenwood Canyon Brewing Company in Glenwood Springs has one of the best domestic Doppelbocks I've ever had on tap RIGHT NOW (a buddy brought me a growler 2 weeks ago..Thanks Mike!!!)

At any rate, there are LOADS of breweries in Colorado. I'm so jealous that you get to go.

Have too much fun, and raise a pint for all of us who have to stay at home.

Stopped at Glenwood Canyon in June on the way to NHC. Great food there, too.
"Mash, I made you my bitch!" -Tasty
Dirk McLargeHuge
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Travel