How long will wort last

Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:55 pm

I am thinking about making 3 gallons of 1.040 wort for starters and I am going to pressure can in different sized ball jars so I can do step-up starters. I assume that these will last for quite a while but I am just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Sconnie
SconnieStout

Re: How long will wort last

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:13 pm

I've kept it for a year and it stayed fine. Just keep it in a cool dark place for best results.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Re: How long will wort last

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:40 pm

I was also thinking about splitting a ten gallon batch and then waiting for the first 5 gallons to ferment, then harvest the yeast and re-pitch that into the second five gallons. Any thoughts on how long the wort will last? I am thinking as long as I keep it away from light that it should be able to last a week or two. The plan is to brew 10 gallons of hefeweizen, dunkelweizen and finishing up wit a weizenbock. I would like to split all the batches.
SconnieStout

Return to Brew Strong