Re: Little Sumpin Sumpin

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:10 am

Yes I calculated the same IBU's as the recipe posted earlier in this thread and what was on the podcast. I know there is a difference between measured and calculated but I was stunned that it is so large. Could the massive dry hops actually contribute IBU's that the Rager formula doesn't calculate? I will brew it as posted for sure because the Pope hasn't let me down yet.
"You only rent the beer", Archie Bunker
BumFudge

Thu May 26, 2011 6:31 pm

Anyone brewed this recipe? I would love to know how it turned out.
Pouring - Infidel Porter, Pallino Wit
Fermenting - Till a rustic Saison
On Deck - Abbey Dubbel, Belgian Golden Strong maybe with brett
LukeD23

Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:02 pm

LukeD23 wrote:Anyone brewed this recipe? I would love to know how it turned out.

I've brewed it twice, first was kegged and drank quick, second is kegged yesterday, both came out quite well-but not exactly the same as LSS. Seems like something is missing, procedure or ingredient, that the malt profile is not quite right. Excellent, but not exactly the same. My friends think it may be the 'home toasted' wheat, but at only ~1% I'm not sure...I think it's the sac rest temp. The hop blend is really great.
Overall, I will continue to brew this beer since it is close enough to the real thing and it's the most interesting hoppy beer I've brewed.
LeSinge

Previous

Return to The Jamil Show / Can You Brew It?