feedback from Australia

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:00 am

hey there brewnuts.

ive got lots to say to you all...so ill try to keep it quick and to the point.

1. you guys rock. you're REALLY nuts sometimes, but that's ok. :wink:

2. without your show i probably wouldn't believe i could brew at home. listening to you all spew shit for 3 hours straight actually is in some way comforting because i realize you really dont need to be all that intelligent to do it.

3. some girl recently told you (you mentioned it in the first HG broadcast) that you were going to hate Australia. she is probably right about some of the things she said, but not all of it - some of what theyve got here is actually tolerable. i am an American and have been living in Melbourne for about 6 months now. My wife is Australian and somehow convinced me to move here with her. It is indeed the farthest place from anything else on earth, and aussies will tolerate you as long as you pledge your never-ending allegiance to their culture, which is comprised of consuming alcohol, and watching sports (in that order).

4. congrats to Beevo on quitting her job and landing a full time gig with you guys. IM F#$KING JEALOUS.
Congrats to Justin for finally opening his HopGrenade.
Congrats to JP for not sounding like a total asshole in every show.

5. you recently (a few shows back) had a guy named Levi from Israel on the show as your Homebrewer of the Week. I was really excited to hear it because he is one of my best friends, and was the inspiration for me to start brewing at home. in fact my beers are only drinkable due to all his help over the phone and emails. Cheers to you guys for picking up on his talent. He is arguably one of the most sought after homebrewers in Israel (he's got pubs calling him almost everyday for kegs) and he is soon opening his own brewpub! He is actually also the one who turned me on to your show.

i think thats it for now. With any luck, you guys will come to Melbourne on your trip to Australia and we'll hang out at the Local Taphouse in St. Kilda, which is the best craft beer bar in town. Look me up and i would genuinely love to attempt to show you guys a great time (altho something tells me you'll be schooling me). at least then i won't be the only Yank in the bar.

CHEERS,
Lochem (ask scott how to pronounce it) :mrgreen:
Lochem

Re: feedback from Australia

Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Welcome
Does your bed spin the opposite direction before you pass out down there, or does it spin the same way as here?

Oh, and watch out for Grod.

:asshat:
-B'Dawg
BJCP GM3 Judge & Mead
"Lunch Meat. It's an acquired taste....." -- Mylo
BDawg

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:48 pm

BDawg wrote:Welcome
Does your bed spin the opposite direction before you pass our down there, or does it spin the same way as here?

Oh, and watch out for Grod.

:asshat:

Thanks.
The room spins, not the bed.

Who the heck is Grod?
Lochem

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Oddly I too was given the same warning when I joined.

It's a hard job fighting for freedom in Australia, but someone's got to do it <cracks another beer>
Crofty

Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:28 am

Slowbeer in Richmond is a great place for craft beer as well! :)
peas_and_corn

Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:09 am

its alright we plan on looking after them while they are here.
hehehehehehehe
huh nothing. go back to sleep america
barls

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:17 pm

I sent feedback to respond to that idiot woman who bagged Australia. Unfortunately JP mustn't have thought it was feedback-worthy.

In a nutshell, she can go fuck herself. We were probably rude to her cos we have a fully functioning fuckwit meter. And if she came across as an ugly American, we would have put her in her place pretty quickly.

I encourage all people to come visit our fair country. Just be open to different experiences and you'll get along just fine.
whoateallthepies

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

whoateallthepies wrote:I sent feedback to respond to that idiot woman who bagged Australia. Unfortunately JP mustn't have thought it was feedback-worthy.

In a nutshell, she can go fuck herself. We were probably rude to her cos we have a fully functioning fuckwit meter. And if she came across as an ugly American, we would have put her in her place pretty quickly.

I encourage all people to come visit our fair country. Just be open to different experiences and you'll get along just fine.

Different experiences such as dying from a spider, dying from a snake, dying from heat stroke, dying from a crocodile, dying from a shark or dying from a blowdart? :D

I'm a few episodes behind, so I haven't heard it yet.
Lee

"Show me on this doll where the internet hurt you."

"Every zoo is a petting zoo if you man the fuck up."

:bnarmy: BN Army // 13th Mountain Division :bnarmy:
Ozwald
Global Moderator

Next

Return to The Sunday Session