I re-brewed this beer for the NHC. Look for Citrus Bomb at the BNA6 on Wednesday night and the BN Hospitality Suite at 3PM on Saturday afternoon (the perfect way to shake that Club Night hangover).
I changed the yeast up a little bit this time for this batch, but everything else stayed the same:Citrus Bomb NHC Edition!
10 gallon batch, 2 different carboys. ~ 7% ABV for both.
- WLP051 California V 1.067-1.015 w/ Falconer's Flight dry hop.
Aroma & Flavor notes: Mango, Grapefruit, slight biscuit.
- Wyeast 1098 British Ale 1.067-1.014 w/ Falconer's Flight & Citra dry hop
Aroma & Flavor notes: Grapefruit, Marmelade, slight plum
Some Like it Hoppy? I'll have a few more IPAs at the NHC, for your consideration. Look for these somewhere between the BNA6, DOZE booth & Club Night, DOZE Hospitality Suite (11:30PM after club night!!) and at the BN Hospitality Suite (Saturday @ 3PM, don't sleep through it)..DANKness, "A pale IPA"
10 gallon batch, 2 different carboys.North Oakland Double IPA
- WLP001 California Ale. Aroma & Flavor notes: Tangerine, Orange, spruce tips, black pepper, Cousin
- Wyeast 1272 American II. Aroma & Flavor notes: Orange, Honey, Cousin, Pine needles, slight biscuit
Both versions 1.068-1.013, ~7.3% ABV. Both Apollo, Summit, Falconer's dry hop.
- both 1.074-1.008 8.7% ABV
10 gallon batch, 2 different carboys.
- Wyeast 1056 American Ale w/ Summit, Amarillo, Simcoe dry hop. Notes: Tangerine, Pine, fruit loops, grass, ethanol.
- Wyeast 1056 American Ale w/ Columbus, Centennial, Simcoe dry hop. Notes: Lime, Lemon, Pine, Orange, Curry Leaves, cousin. Big complexity!
Twitter updates when/where these will be pouring at BNA6/NHC: Follow @nathanhomebrew http://twitter.com/nathanhomebrew
Great excuse to geek out on some IPA ideas.. Look for them and try 'em out. Probably spent more cash on these beers than the conference.. I'm certainly not going to look back & calculate at this point!
I have them all blended together in a glass right now (Some kinda IPA Grand Cru?). Wow.. Orange blossom honey, grapefruit, pine, black pepper cousin. Interesting and deceptively smooth.