Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:04 am

Lufah wrote:Feeding them bonemeal and bloodmeal. The plants in the pictures are 3 years old.

How often are you feeding them Lufah?
BadRock
Global Moderator

Mon May 05, 2008 6:55 pm

Here's our crop:
Cascades, willamettes, mt hood, magnum, centennial, crystal, and kent goldings.

We're growing in south east louisiana, for what its worth. They're maybe a month old in these photos (taken today).

I dont think the bamboo poles are going to cut it for long.
-TP
triplepoint

Mon May 05, 2008 8:38 pm

triplepoint wrote:Here's our crop:

Where you at in South-East La., can't be too far fom me.
Nice variety there.
Welcome,
Prost
triple-oh_six :bnarmy:

Cajun Brewing
triple-oh-six

Thu May 08, 2008 5:30 am

semaj0006 wrote:
triplepoint wrote:Here's our crop:

Where you at in South-East La., can't be too far fom me.
Nice variety there.
Welcome,
Prost

Semaj,
We're in Covington, on the northshore. And I drive to Baton Rouge every bloody day.

We're hoping the pots will be ok for the first year. After these guys get some roots on them, maybe next year we can put them in the ground. Our garden is the biological equivalent of "the wrong side of the tracks", and any new plants would just get blackjacked by bugs and mugged.

-TP
triplepoint

Thu May 08, 2008 5:49 pm

triplepoint wrote:
Semaj,
We're in Covington, on the northshore. And I drive to Baton Rouge every bloody day.

We're hoping the pots will be ok for the first year. After these guys get some roots on them, maybe next year we can put them in the ground. Our garden is the biological equivalent of "the wrong side of the tracks", and any new plants would just get blackjacked by bugs and mugged.

-TP

Yeah, I've been to Covington a few times, and I've got a shit-load of friends in BR.
I put my hops directly in the ground from the start so I wouldn't know about the pots.
I know that they do grow a very large root sytem just not sure how the restriction will effect them.

Prost,
tripple
triple-oh_six :bnarmy:

Cajun Brewing
triple-oh-six

Sun May 11, 2008 7:13 am

Trellis up and 11/11 rhizomes sprouting. Pix of those after the wind-storm subsides here in IL. Trellis is 12' high and about 30' long.

Last edited by TimmyR on Mon May 12, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

Sun May 11, 2008 7:17 am

Very nice my brotha. That's awesome that all 11 came up.
BadRock
Global Moderator

Sun May 11, 2008 8:14 am

No doubt....3 Centennials and 3 Cascades from Northern Brewer (FreshHops I think) and 5 hunks of root stock from a friends parents in WA.

The ones my buddy sent have multiple shoots. Planted them all in my garden after tilling in a lot of composted black cow manure. I'll post pics once the wind slows down here.

Hopefully they'll all grow...especially after getting the "goal posts", as my wife describes them, up.
Timmy
BN Army Air Corps

Go Cubbies!
TimmyR

PreviousNext

Return to Homegrown