Hop Rhizomes are in!

Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Freshops.com

2008 Rhizomes are in

You are receiving this email because you have placed an order with freshops.com since 2002, thank you for your orders...

We weathered a soggy snowy January but February brought good hop rhizome digging weather here in Oregon and Washington. Feel free to look through our fine assortment of hop rhizomes now available at http://freshops.com. Please read as much as you can about the various varieties we offer at freshops.com and order on-line if possible. Our secure on-line web store will accept VISA, Mastercard, Paypal, or mail checks as ordering options. Also check out our various other hop rhizome links at freshops.com to see photos and information about planting, spacing, and harvesting, etc. The default shipping/handling method of priority mail will be the fastest and cheapest method of shipping for most orders. If you decide to become a hop grower, please anticipate approximately 10 days for delivery. It is only March so unless you are down south, I suggest you either store your rhizomes in the fridge and watch for mold which can be washed off or pot them in gallon pots indoors as you wait for warmer weather.

Freshops is giving you an opportunity to purchase some of the finest 30 year old Cascade Crowns at our ebay auction site.

Happy Hoppin"...

Dave Wills

Freshops
http://www.thirstymallard.wordpress.com

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

BN Army Corporal; Southern Support - Gulf Coast Division

Texas is better than your state. Fact.
Thirsty Mallard

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Thanks for the heads up Thirsty! I didn't think they'd be available until next week. Whoo Whoo - my first time growing hops!
BrewTa2
Global Moderator

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:11 pm

I received that email today myself. Just ordered 6 rhizomes a few minutes ago. Can hardly wait!

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company
Bugeater Brewing Company
http://www.lincolnlagers.com
Bugeater

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:44 pm

Ordered 4 rhizomes from DIYBrewing.com just today.

Push E.
Asshat of the Year ('06)
Proud Drunk of the Year Nominee ('08)
Beevo, "I burned my tongue."
Doc, "Slow down."
Gadgets
CoVBS
Push Eject
Butcher

Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:26 pm

In the mail today I received two giant Cascade rhizomes and two moderate sized Galena - ordered from Hops Direct (Puterbaugh Farms). Biggest and best looking cuttings I've ever purchased. The Cascade have 11-15 buds on each. They were a bit more expensive, but I am anxious to see how well they might do.

I will say this; get them NOW. Hops Direct had a waiting list, and they sold out in 10 days - they are sold out already, holy cow :shock:
t-rocket

Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:09 pm

I can't wait to get mine, also got the neighbor to plant some in their yard too.
BadRock
Global Moderator

Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:35 pm

first time growing, but the wife is cool with it, she like the way hops looks.

i think i'm going to order some magnum from freshops in the next few days, do you guys think i should do any prep to the soil before i get em, and if so what?
brewbie

Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:15 am

Thanks for the post! I ordered mine last night. I got a Cascade late last year, so now it will have some friends.

I wanted to get a book/resource on growing them. What would be a good first book? The Homebrewer's Garden?
Capt. Pushy, BN Army Corps of Engineers
(not to be confused with Push E.)

Building a Better World Through Beer
Brew Engineer

Next

Return to Homegrown