Re: Anybody try to just drink ones own home brew

Tue May 27, 2014 12:13 pm

More commercial than my own. Too much good beer in PDX and access to CA and WA beers as well.
Conical Fermenter - Amber Lager
Keg#1 Dunkel
Keg#2 Helles
Keg#3 Flanders Red
Keg#4 Star San
Keg#5 Star San
Keg#6 Star San
Kbar

Tue May 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Too many new and great beers out there to just drink homebrew. And winters would be dry come February with the crappy winter weather.
Sergeant, BN Army
R.I.P. Rat Pad ('05-'12)

Fermenter: Mayotoberfest
Kegged: Common, Cherry, & Apple Pie Ciders, Falconer Pale Ale, Strawberry Blonde
On Deck: German Pilsner, Chinookee Wookiee
TheDarkSide
Global Moderator

Wed May 28, 2014 10:20 am

I like my homebrew to last so I will supplement it with store bought beers about once every week or two, I have mead now too! It is so gooooood, I'm trying not to drink too much but it's tuff!
Fermenting: Black IPA, Barley Wine, Cider and Imperial Stout

Current man crush: Warren

Previous man crushes: Nathan, Tasty, JP and Justin

Future man crush: Maybe Jamil or Doc

:bnarmy: SGT ScottyB-Brewing :bnarmy:
ScottyB-Brewing

Fri May 30, 2014 8:50 am

My mead has a honeycomb flavor...when it's young the honeycomb flavor is stronger and after aging a bit it's in the background. Is there always going to be a Hcomb flavor or is there something I can do. I have been making show meads with orange blossom honey
norfire0

Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:19 am

norfire0 wrote:My mead has a honeycomb flavor...when it's young the honeycomb flavor is stronger and after aging a bit it's in the background. Is there always going to be a Hcomb flavor or is there something I can do. I have been making show meads with orange blossom honey

Uh. What?

Anyways, if I could brew the variety (and quality) of beer that I can get at the store then I would. And I would sell it. Plus half of the fun of being a home brewer is drinking other people's home brew. You gotta taste what's out there to know where your beer stands and where you want to take it.
Duff Man

Previous

Return to Homegrown