Re: Citra Hops

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:24 am

Evan Burck wrote:I think I'm going to try brewing up a Wit or Hef using a Citra and Sorachi Ace combo


I know very little about Sorachi vut may pick some up. I really think just by smelling the citra I think both a Wit and Heffe would work VERY well! Off to find Sorachi (sometimes I think I more of a hop collector then a homebrewer)
Jetfire
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:33 am

Re: Citra Hops

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Jetfire wrote:
Evan Burck wrote:I think I'm going to try brewing up a Wit or Hef using a Citra and Sorachi Ace combo


I know very little about Sorachi vut may pick some up. I really think just by smelling the citra I think both a Wit and Heffe would work VERY well! Off to find Sorachi (sometimes I think I more of a hop collector then a homebrewer)

www.nikobrew.com
BN Army :bnarmy:
User avatar
Evan B
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:04 am
Location: Redmond, WA

Re: Citra Hops

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Evan Burck wrote:I think I'm going to try brewing up a Wit or Hef using a Citra and Sorachi Ace combo

Just ordered some Sorachi Ace from Niko, so I'm going to try the Citra/Sorachi combination for dry hopping an IIPA. Should I do a 1 to 1 ratio? I was thinking 2 oz of each.
Enjoy Great Beer!

:bnarmy: San Diego Special OP's BN Army :bnarmy:
User avatar
TapItGood
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:01 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Citra Hops

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:43 pm

TapItGood wrote:
Evan Burck wrote:I think I'm going to try brewing up a Wit or Hef using a Citra and Sorachi Ace combo

Just ordered some Sorachi Ace from Niko, so I'm going to try the Citra/Sorachi combination for dry hopping an IIPA. Should I do a 1 to 1 ratio? I was thinking 2 oz of each.

I've been using a 1:1 ratio in my pale ale with excellent results (two brews now). I plan on just sticking with that. I'd say for the first round, try that ratio, then adjust in the future as you start to learn the hops a bit better.
BN Army :bnarmy:
User avatar
Evan B
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:04 am
Location: Redmond, WA

Re: Citra Hops

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:40 am

Evan Burck wrote:
TapItGood wrote:
Evan Burck wrote:I think I'm going to try brewing up a Wit or Hef using a Citra and Sorachi Ace combo

Just ordered some Sorachi Ace from Niko, so I'm going to try the Citra/Sorachi combination for dry hopping an IIPA. Should I do a 1 to 1 ratio? I was thinking 2 oz of each.

I've been using a 1:1 ratio in my pale ale with excellent results (two brews now). I plan on just sticking with that. I'd say for the first round, try that ratio, then adjust in the future as you start to learn the hops a bit better.


Change of plans. didn't get my Sorachi in time. I'll have to settle for Amarillo/Centenial/Columbus/Citra .75 oz each in the keg
Enjoy Great Beer!

:bnarmy: San Diego Special OP's BN Army :bnarmy:
User avatar
TapItGood
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:01 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Citra Hops

Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:21 am

Can you update the thread when your Sorachi Ace does come in? I'm about to buy some but it looks like Niko only has the 2008 crop in stock and I want to make sure their still potent.
Sedge
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:23 am
Location: Princeton

Re: Citra Hops

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Sedge wrote:Can you update the thread when your Sorachi Ace does come in? I'm about to buy some but it looks like Niko only has the 2008 crop in stock and I want to make sure their still potent.

HopsDirect has Sorachi Ace leaf, and I just received a pound I ordered from them last week. Evan's got me all worked up about the citra/sorachi ace mix.

I've slept since this thread started. Somebody tell me what the heck I'm making with them!

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know that I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Charlie
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:36 pm
Location: Stonewall, LA (near scenic Highway 171)

Re: Citra Hops

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Charlie wrote:I've slept since this thread started. Somebody tell me what the heck I'm making with them!

Charlie


I can send you my pale ale recipe if you'd like. It's been a big hit. Made 5 batches since January (including a batch on my buddy's half bbl system).
BN Army :bnarmy:
User avatar
Evan B
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 7:04 am
Location: Redmond, WA

PreviousNext

Return to Homegrown

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

A BIT ABOUT US

The Brewing Network is a multimedia resource for brewers and beer lovers. Since 2005, we have been the leader in craft beer entertainment and information with live beer radio, podcasts, video, events and more.