Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:50 pm

I got to watch my first all grain batch this Saturday past. I will be doing my first one this weekend and some bottling, too.

Way to go getting your first one done. I will be there with you this weekend.

Mort
NumbSkull

Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:10 pm

Nice work Mexican. Seems like you had a pretty smooth first AG batch. Lots of careful planning by the sounds of it. I did my first AG without ever having seen one done too and it was a bit scary, but then not.

Strangely enough, my plastic spoon is just fine in the mash. I may still however, convert my cricket bat into a mash paddle. While my spoon is still nice and solid, my batting on the other hand, is as wobbly as jelly; and beer is a far nobler purpose for the willow than scoring ducks. Will you stir your cricket bat mashes with an off drive or a late cut type motion?

Mort... damn you work fast mate :shock: You only even heard of homebrewing a few weeks ago and you're already up for All Grain... and, word has it, a kegging system as well.

All Hail Mort. At this rate he's gonna be up on stage collecting gold medals at next year's Nationals

Gemtlemen. Welcome to the happy happy world of AG. Your sundays will never be the same again
Thirsty Boy

Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:21 pm

Thirsty Boy wrote:Nice work Mexican. Seems like you had a pretty smooth first AG batch. Lots of careful planning by the sounds of it. I did my first AG without ever having seen one done too and it was a bit scary, but then not.

Strangely enough, my plastic spoon is just fine in the mash. I may still however, convert my cricket bat into a mash paddle. While my spoon is still nice and solid, my batting on the other hand, is as wobbly as jelly; and beer is a far nobler purpose for the willow than scoring ducks. Will you stir your cricket bat mashes with an off drive or a late cut type motion?

Maybe I'll throw in a hook or two for good measure. Remember its 'six and out' over the neighbour's fence and you have to get it. And one-handed off the roof is out too. Ahh the good old days of backyard rules.... :wink:

Thirsty Boy wrote:Your sundays will never be the same again

I know, brewing again this weekend in preparation for the frenzy that is xmas. Can't wait !

mexican
I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family - George W. Bush, 2000
mexican

Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:07 am

Ahhh. Six and out. especially if the next door neighbors had a bitey dog (like a Pitbull or something :wink: )

I too am engaged in a brewing frenzy for Xmas. 2 weekends in a row, missed last sunday , then its back to the mash tun this sunday (Hefe) and next Sunday (Northern Brown Ale). That'll give me 3 cornies and a bunch of Hefe in bottles.

Road tripping this festive season.

Vic/NSW Border region for Xmas Eve
Drive to Sydney on Xmas day
Trip around the Central Coast and the Hunter Valley
Newcastle on New Years Eve

Dragging three kegs (and CO2) a bunch of Bottles and a really basic small batch AG rig with me the whole way. Gonna teach a mate to Brew on New Year's Day

Happy Brewing tomorrow

Thirsty
Thirsty Boy

Previous

Return to All Grain Brewing